- Pay Rate:
£13.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Bristol, S Gloucestershire,
Temporary Assistant Commissioning Admin Officer – Social Care
Reference no: S Gloucestershire RQ789676
Pay Rate: £13.17 per hour PAYE
The role also involves checking plans for completeness, by ensuring that all information in respect of referrals, contracts, placement activity, expenditure and service provider information is recorded. You will be required to have conversations with service users, their families, or other representatives and in some cases discuss financial top ups. There will also be a need to keep spreadsheets up to date and keep robust records on actions taken to secure providers.
- If relevant: provide support to a group of staff ensuring that work is allocated effectively. May be required to check the work of colleagues to ensure work is completed accurately.
- Maintain and update information systems and databases to ensure that service transactions are completed accurately.
- Provide advice to customers, contacts, external organisations, and colleagues ensuring that they receive appropriate guidance about policies, procedures and processes whilst ensuring effective working relationships are maintained.
- Carry out research; collate data and present information within your area of service specialism. This may include drafting documentation and clear, accessible findings.
- Ownership is taken for responding to queries, complaints and requests from initial contact with the customer. Issues that are not possible to resolve are promptly relayed to more senior members of your team and the customer is informed accordingly.
- Provide a wide and varied range of administrative tasks to assigned tasks to ensure written reports and recorded data is compiled, support is provided, and records are accurate which will help to inform decision making.
- Accurately and efficiently record, monitor, and maintain budgets/financial information/resources.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent or relevant experience to an equivalent level.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including those with learning difficulties and disabilities, to build networks and work towards shared outcomes.
- Experience of being able to work independently, within the wider context of a small team, to effectively commission and deliver a contract function for social care services.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, with the ability to undertake effective research and present your findings in a clear and concise format.
- An ability to demonstrate clear and innovative thinking in assessing challenges and problem solving.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Commissioning Admin Officer – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.