- Pay Rate:
up to £50,866 per annum depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Assistant Business Partner
Reference no: Essex 9893
Pay rate up to £50,866 per annum depending on experience
This role is part of the People Business Partnering team and supports the delivery of the workforce strategy, functional people strategies and the implementation of strategic initiatives across a broad spectrum of functional areas. Working collaboratively within People and Transformation and across a number of business functions at any one time, this role requires HR expertise to support the business at Heads of Service level and below, in implementing organisation change projects and managing employment cases which are escalated by the people service centre. The role will also coach managers dealing with these projects and cases, to develop skill sets to increase their confidence and effectiveness in managing others. Working as part of the wider Business Partnering team, this role provides support to the strategic business partners, offering challenge and high quality and high impact HR advice, within and outside the People and Transformation function
- Working under the direction of the People Business Partner/s to translate business requirements into prioritised people requirements, using a consultancy approach to contract the People and Transformation offer with the business.
- Coaching leaders and managers in dealing with business change project implementation (including redesign, redundancy, TUPE) and moderate to high complexity cases, individual performance and employee relations issues, providing high quality advice based on an in depth knowledge of employment and case law, policy and good practice, including conflict resolution and mediation.
- Shared accountability with the business for leading continuous improvement in business outcomes, by coaching and influencing leaders in all aspects of People and Transformation.
- People and Transformation projects (or parts of projects) for the business area or for People and Transformation itself and support People Business Partners in delivering business performance improvement.
- Contributing to intelligence and insight gathering into significant concerns across the function and/or patterns of behaviour, to ensure such insights can be used to drive and address underlying business issues.
- Providing a comprehensive HR advice and support service to managers and customers with regard to more complex case work and change programmes, using personal judgement in making effective decisions, ensuring matters can move forward and options considered.
- Leading the delivery of projects to meet agreed outcomes within agreed timescales, working collaboratively across the business functions and with the People Business Partners.
- Contributing to the achievement of the Council’s/Functions priorities and work collaboratively, to ensure they are implemented and delivered within the appropriate services.
- Providing information and advice to customers on the practical application/implications of changes in legislation and other good HR practice, identifying how best to distil complex data into distinct, clear and concise concepts others can understand.
- Using professional expertise and high standards to promote how People and Transformation can add value to the business by recommending improvements in current policies and practices, to challenge current thinking and drive greater commitment to alternative approaches or solutions
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- MCIPD qualified or working towards this
- Have a working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management, and are able to identify risks and create mitigation plans
- Know how to design and develop people activities and interventions to improve business outcomes; understanding the key drivers of employee engagement and how to coach leaders to understand and drive business value from them
- Understand the broad employee relations landscape and can use this to influence and coach the business, and understand the broad legal context in which People and Transformation operates and can apply this to managing complex employee relations issues and mitigating organisational risk
- Know how to implement people initiatives and develops metrics to measure their impact, and use this to adjust and develop future practice
- Have strong consulting skills, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make strong and influential relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, providing both high challenge and support
- Are able to analyse people and business metrics and develop insight and solutions; using these to influence decision making in the context of the business and to shape and influence others
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.