- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- CAMBRIDGE, Cambridgeshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Assistant Anti-Social Behaviour Officer – Public Protection
Job Reference: Cambridge 5219896
Pay Rate: Up to £18.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To promote and progress the Council's response to dealing with Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) in the City.
In accordance with the Council's policy and procedures, to be the lead officer in resolving individual cases of ASB
To respond to enquiries and reported complaints of ASB and serious neighbour nuisance and co-ordinate any investigations of the same.
To action agreed solutions working in partnership with key agencies, including progressing and taking appropriate enforcement action against perpetrators where appropriate.
To advise customers on the Council’s policies and procedures in relation to ASB.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of carrying out investigations relating to anti-social behaviour.
- Background in problem resolution and enforcement processes.
- Dealing with customers at all levels.
- Successfully representing an organisation to internal and external customers.
- Social Housing or related. - desirable
- Specific knowledge of Anti-Social Behaviour policy and procedures.
- Good understanding of the current Government legislation surrounding Anti Social Behaviour.
- Knowledge of legal remedies available to tackle ASB
- Knowledge of associated legislation (e.g. Housing/Police Reform Act 2002 etc.)
- Experience of court - desirable
- ICT Skills:
- Ability to use various internal databases to ensure that cases are updated
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Will need to be able to work in various locations across the City.
- On occasions, attendance at meetings outside normal office hours.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Anti-Social Behaviour Officer - Public Protection
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.