- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ellesmere Por, Cheshire,
Temporary Assessment Support Officer/Admin
Reference no: W Cheshire 5234504
Pay Rate: £11.39 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Ellesmere Por, Cheshire
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Position will be working from home. Required to be in the office once a month. May need to come in for training or additional staff meetings. Laptop will be provided.
The purpose of the role is to provide business and administrative support across the Appointee and Deputyship Team within the Assessment Centre. To provide financial support and advice to customers and providers.
- Manage the financial affairs of vulnerable customers within the Appointee and Deputyship team.
- Processing applications for Appointeeships, Court of Protection and benefits on behalf of clients. Maintaining and updating client records on the Appointeeship systems, including processing payments.
- Dealing with queries from clients, social care workers and other external parties regarding Appointeeships. Attending meetings with customers and other parties.
- Receive and action requests for services via email, telephone, post or face to face, determining their importance and priority responding directly where possible or in the case of sensitive or complex requests, refer these to a more senior colleague thereby ensuring that service needs are met and business levels are maintained.
- Maintain and monitor the use of financial and administrative information systems and databases in operation ensuring the accuracy, quality and integrity of the data base and systems, that proper control is exercised and that all data and information is accessible to enable services and managers to meet statutory requirements and meet service needs.
- Respond to all internal and external communications sensitively, diplomatically and using discretion to provide up to date, constant and accurate advice, guidance and information in accordance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures, to ensure standards are maintained and business needs are met.
- Assist with monitoring any Service Level Agreements.
- Assist with Annual returns and budget reviews
- To be aware of Assessment Centre related legislation and to keep abreast of developments.
- Support any ICT requirements, testing and implementing any new and existing systems, and upgrades.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English.
- Relevant NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Sound working knowledge of the Councils Ordering, invoicing and payment systems and procedures
- Experience of working in financial / administrative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and monitor workload to competing priorities.
- Ability to cope with change and develop positive approaches in self and others.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assessment Support Officer/Admin x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.