- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ELLESMERE PORT,
Temporary ASC Business Support Officer
Reference no: W Cheshire 5228363
Pay rate £11.39 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
The role is to be responsible for processing work within Adult Safeguarding so that the functions of those areas are progressed efficiently and within agreed timescales according to defined procedures. You will be expected to undertake a range of administrative activities, including minute taking, the production and distribution of documents, correspondence, extremely sensitive data and information; and the organisation and servicing of meetings and events, as part of the service support function, linking in with corporate systems in order to contribute to the efficient and effective delivery of operational services
- Consistently deliver high standards of accuracy and quality in the minute taking of a significant number of complex and detailed meetings at a strategic level. Several which involve sensitive and emotionally demanding issues, for example a Safeguarding Adult Review Panel.
- Carry out all administrative and preparation work for all the meetings of the LSAB and its subgroups. This includes compiling and maintaining a full calendar for the year and suitable venues, receiving, collating and distributing agenda and papers and monitoring attendance for reporting purposes. Supporting the administrative functions of the Joint Executive meetings with the Safeguarding Children’s Partnership. Providing administrative support to help organise and coordinate the Boards Annual Conference and Development Day.
- Setting up and maintaining systems to support the work of the LSAB including electronic location for storing and distributing papers of all LSAB meetings, maintaining accurate, up to date and detailed files for reports and documents and updating and improving the website and twitter feeds.
- Maintaining and monitoring the administrative systems that support the LSAB to ensure compliance with agreed LSAB business standards; timescales for minutes; distribution of papers and action tracking.
- Carry out financial processes on behalf of the LSAB through use of the authority’s financial, administrative information systems and data bases which includes adding new suppliers, raising and processing invoices to ensure accuracy and integrity in order to allow for clear and accurate reporting on budgets to the LSAB.
- Respond to all internal and external communications as a critical contact point for all multi-agency partners to the LSAB, email; written; by phone and face to face, in a professional and sensitive manner ensuring confidentiality, responding directly where possible and using appropriate judgement to refer matters to more senior colleagues where necessary
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths
- Knowledge of systems, e.g., Microsoft Excel, in order to be able to input and analyse data
- Experience of minute taking and servicing complex meetings
- Experience of use of computer systems (Outlook/Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Liquid Logic) and data bases and collating information
- Demonstrate experience of performance, quality and audit systems
- Ability to coordinate the training offer
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a busy office environment
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
ASC Business Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.