- Pay Rate:
£11.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
20 specific days TBC
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Bolton, Greater Manchester,
Temporary PT Area Supervisor – Cleaning Services
Reference no: Bolton 0007 3F36 / 1
Pay Rate: £11.59 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to ensure that operational standards are achieved and maintained in respect of customer satisfaction; contract monitoring; training of staff and employee performance across multiple sites.
- The supervision of all cleaning staff in a geographical area focusing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behaviour whilst on duty.
- Organise and record cover cleaning when staff are absent due to sickness, holidays etc. To ensure all mobile cleaners are aware of cover rotas.
- Organise cleaning staff rotas and cleaning schedules specific to each individual building.
- Ensure additional hours, training, holiday & absence information is recorded, updated, accurate and maintained.
- Recruit, support, train and guide cleaning operatives to achieve efficient and effective service levels.
- Maintain good working relationships between management, employees, client and customers and support the practice of encouraging and reporting customer feedback.
- Work with customer representatives to address any specific requirements or concerns and report to line manager adhering to service procedures.
- Manage equipment, materials and stock levels to achieve efficient and effective service levels.
- Undertake emergency cleaning of buildings / areas as necessary.
- Always adhere to Council and service policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional work which may be required by the management team and commensurate with the grade.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent relevant qualification and experience.
- Level 2 Cleaning Qualification or BIC’s Training.
- Current Health and Safety training.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Experience of supervising multiple sites.
- Practical knowledge of cleaning methods
- Practical knowledge of the safe use of industrial cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of determining necessary staffing levels to satisfy Scope of Work while remaining within labour target.
- Able to plan and organise own workload and that of a small team.
- Able to support and instruct staff and complete staff development and performance plans and reviews for team members
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Area Supervisor – Cleaning Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.