- Pay Rate:
up to £17.59 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Temporary Arbor Inspector x2
Reference no: MCC 0007 DBD7 / 1
Pay Rate: up to £17.59 per hour PAYE depending on experience
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Medical Clearance - Pre-placement health assessment (PPHA)
The role holder will carry out tree inspections, planning application reports, service requests and tree surveys as well as several other tree and biodiversity related projects, issues and advice, act as a member of a team and contribute to the delivery of neighbourhoods of choice through the provision of a comprehensive range of flexible, responsive, and planned and statutory front-line services for residents, businesses and visitors to the City of Manchester. The role holder will provide high quality, client-driven, flexible, and timely support to improve the quality of the local environment, generating awareness of local services, engaging and empowering community members to access services and encouraging involvement in activities that promote positive action.
The role holder will collaborate with other neighbourhood focused services to ensure that Council services and partner agencies are working to the highest standards to provide a quality environment for all Manchester residents. The role holder will contribute to the delivery of a high-quality service through the provision of detailed technical knowledge in relation to Arboriculture enforcement of standards and regulation of activity
- Oversee the planning and programming of the work within the team, contributing to the development of programmes of work and activities which represent the needs of the local community, visitors, and businesses in Manchester.
- Deliver service level agreements, communicating effectively in relation to requests for service within designated timescales and maintaining accurate records.
- Apply a range of knowledge, technical expertise, and skills, to safeguard residents, visitors and businesses and achieve neighbourhoods of choice.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective partnerships and greater coordinated working with other agencies ensuring effective community and member engagement. People. Pride. Place.
- Officers will undertake their role with an understanding and appreciation of how they and the work they do impacts upon the city council's corporate aims, objectives, and desire to improve Manchester as a City.
- Be initiative-taking in identifying and supporting the implementation of change, modernisation, and improvements in support of organisational and Neighbourhood Services strategies.
- Support the delivery of City Council statutory enforcement obligations. Consulting effectively with other City Council departments and relevant bodies.
- Deal effectively with requests within designated timescales maintain accurate records of all relevant investigations, inspections, and meetings.
- Provide technical advice relating to the interpretation and enforcement of relevant guidelines to all relevant stakeholders, assisting in the review and translation of statutory guidelines.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop and maintain effective partnerships, linkages and greater coordinated working ensuring effective community and member engagement and clear channels of communication.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Driving Licence – you must always hold a full valid driving licence
- LEVEL 3 (TECHNICIANS CERTIFICATE)
- LEVEL 4 QUALIFICATION IN ARBORICULTURE
- ARBORICULTURE INTERMEDIATE TREE INSPECTION AWARD ARBORICULTURAL ASSOCIATION RISK ASSESSMENT
- CS50 TECNIQUES FOR DEALING WITH DAMAGED TREES
- 039-36 EMERGENCY PLANNING
Skills & Abilities:
- Skills to use ICT systems to obtain and analyse data and present it effectively through a variety of ICT channels
- Numeracy and accuracy skills to handle numbers confidently, collate information and keep accurate and reliable records to help with monitoring and reviewing of financial resources
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Arbor Inspector x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.