- Pay Rate:
£13.15 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- ILFORD, Redbridge,
Temporary Appointeeship Finance Assistant – Adult Social Services
Reference no: Redbridge RQ789127
Pay rate: £13.15 per hour PAYE
To support the Team Leader in the efficient and effective provision of a comprehensive client Court of Protection and Appointeeship function for Adult’s Services, including all aspects of Appointeeships and assistance as and when required on Court of Protection Deputyship. To manage a case load of appointeeship cases and be responsible for the service user’s financial affairs.
- Assist with specific aspects of the appointeeship function, acting on behalf and protecting and promoting the financial interests of service users ensuring all statutory obligations are fulfilled.
- Assist with specific aspects of property protection acting on behalf of and protecting and promoting the financial interests of service users, ensuring all statutory obligations are fulfilled, including maintaining and reconciling payments and accounts.
- Responsible for payments to utility companies, care homes, income team and other external agencies on behalf of the client.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and provision of accurate financial management information to be included in monthly performance reports.
- Support the Team Leader in their role as Authorised Officer for Deputyships by assisting with the preparation of accounts to Court of Protections.
- Responsible for supporting effective liaison with external and internal audit, including the efficient filing and retention of documentation, maintaining appropriate audit trails for subsequent retrieval as and when required.
- Assist with the review and update of all documentation, policies and procedures and compliance with statutory requirements in accordance with professional standards and the Council’s policies and procedures and Corporate requirements.
- Ensure Service users will receive their weekly allowance via the Post Office pay out scheme or via the providers.
- Carry out administrative duties as designated by the Team Leader. This will include cheque handling.
- Carry out the responsibilities of this post in a timely and accurate manner ensuring all activities undertaken within their functional area strictly comply with all control procedures.
- Assist senior staff to ensure the integrity of the information in the General Ledger and Accounts Payable is maintained.
- Deal with a wide variety of circumstances and issues, be familiar with and contribute to broader developments in Council policy and respond to new and changing requirements as the working environment develops.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ level 4 or with higher education or part professional qualification or equivalent experience.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- An advanced user of Software.
- Experience of working and responding independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the work practices, policies, process and procedures relevant to this role.
- Ability to interpret relevant process and to develop and implement improvements.
- Operating knowledge of service/systems/processes in own area that would be required to provide first line advice and guidance, typically of a more technical/specialised nature to customers.
- Proven experience of building relationships and working with partnerships.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to respond to customer needs.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to deal with a wide variety of circumstances and issues, be familiar with and contribute to broader developments in Council policy and respond to new and changing requirements as the working environment develops.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Appointeeship Finance Assistant – Adult Social Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.