- Pay Rate:
Up to £308.36 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Tower Hamlets, London,
Interim Application Support Engineer – ICT Services
Reference no: MPX TCLZ0005 B4DF / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £308.36 per day PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Hybrid working- once a week in the office
Only candidates with current security clearance will be considered for this role
This role requires SC clearance. This must be already held and active – we are unable to consider any candidates who do not hold this level of vetting currently – please do not apply if you do not have this clearance
An Application Support Engineer is required to manage the in-house developed applications. The role will actively carry out fault investigations and apply requisite skills to resolve, developing scripts for Linux and Windows operating systems, activating command line operations to start/stop services, and interrogating and reporting on log and audit files.
The post holder will support applications that interface with other government partners such as CPS, TfL, the Home Office and international enforcement agencies. The applications facilitate day-today aspects of police work such as Emergency Response, Child Protection, Crime Reporting etc.
The in-house developed applications are mobile applications delivered by the Mobility workstream using iOS platforms and Windows tablets, SOA architecture and Enterprise Service Bus utilising RedHat Fuse. Unix and Linux based systems are also utilised, and other platforms may be introduced in the future. The other in-house development workstreams are Core Policing, Public Access and Infrastructure
- Action incoming incidents from the MPS Service Desk, resolving in line with agreed KPI’s.
- Prioritise tickets. Answer incoming emails to the shared Application Support Mailbox.
- Provide on-call in line with the L2 team rota. Action and escalate major incidents in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings when required to provide technical input.
- Effectively support transition of any new services into support, contributing to all relevant documentation and run books as required.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues from the other support teams.
- Treat all team members with respect and courtesy.
- Ad-hoc review of the documentation to make sure it is fit for purpose, when requested by the Technical Support Manager, ensuring that the documentation is up to date.
- To address any ad-hoc requests from the Technical Support manager. The candidates who are likely to be suitable for these roles are self-managing team players who have all-round technical skills.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant technical qualifications, training or experience ITIL Foundation.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant experience desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years relevant experience in software support, with exposure to testing and development environments.
- 5+ years working in a service desk environments.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Exposure to DevOps technologies.
- Linux/Unix, Windows, mobile applications, web technologies and databases.
- MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience of resolving user support calls and deploying fixes.
- Experience of working closely with development, test and deployment teams.
- Must successfully complete a competence test (any of skills cited on the CV could be examined as part of the interview).
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies such as MDM, Windows Mobile, Android, Linux, mobile technologies and auditing software.
- Experience of training end users on the best use of technology.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to pickup new skills and knowledge quickly is essential. The focus at the moment is continual service improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of creating concise and effective documentation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- CTC vetting required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Application Support Engineer – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.