- Pay Rate:
up to £29.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Interim Air Quality Project Officer
Reference no: NNC (HQ) NNC 11978
Pay rate up to £29.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
This opening assignment is for 4 months
To deliver key outcomes related to air quality as set out in the successful public health funding bid
- Produce future bids for DEFRA air quality grant work.
- Work closely with Highways to collect better monitoring data from traffic flows and wider air quality monitoring beyond current NOx tube network to allow better targeting of activity. Look at strategies such as those pertaining to buses.
- Review of existing Smoke Control Areas and consider implementing further areas in light of an increased use of solid fuel burners. Including work on The Air Quality (Domestic Solid Fuel Standards) (England) Regulations to work on any new PM2.5 objectives as a result of legislative introductions.
- Publicise more sustainable methods of travel including walking, cycling, e-scooters/bikes.
- Lead on the authority’s contribution to national campaigns, raising awareness of air quality
- Survey of all industrial sites to identify any new or existing units that may require an Environmental Permit under the Environmental permitting regime, e.g. paint sprayers & waste burners.
- Liaise with Planning for the adoption of the East Midlands Air Quality Network document as a Council Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in the area of environmental health/air quality/ environmental management
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems, policies and procedures, legislation, and best practice within the scope of the service area
- Good understanding of air quality mitigation
- Relevant career experience in managing air quality and delivering improvement projects
- Experience of working in a challenging working environment and working to statutory or other deadlines
- Experience of customer service; face to face, over the telephone and in writing
- Ability to prioritise own workload and able to work to tight timescales whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets, create and deliver presentations and general documents, using Microsoft Office and data management software
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Air Quality Project Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.