- Pay Rate:
£25.10 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:30-17:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire,
Interim Advanced/Senior Practitioner – Children’s Services
Reference no: Stoke on Trent 5243535
Pay rate: £25.10 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 08:30-17:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A qualified Children and Families Social Worker, ideally with experience in safeguarding, is required to undertake varied and diverse case management and exceptional quality assessments in a timely accurate manner, allowing for progression opportunities to be able to develop and grow their career from Newly Qualified Social Worker to Senior Social Worker and Team Manager. To provide a child centred approach and use the skills and tools to work restoratively with families.
- Manage complex cases, ensuring that the welfare of the child or young person is paramount at all times.
- Carry out assessments and manage child care plans within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Team and/or Principal Manager.
- Ensure that children, young people and their families are fully involved in the process of assessment.
- Ensure that service user records are maintained in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Ensure that the departments and authority’s resources are deployed efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Responsible for the allocation of appropriate tasks to ASYEs, Apprentices and Social Work Assistants and to provide for the necessary support and guidance necessary for the completion of those tasks.
- Undertake more complex case work.
- Provide mentoring and support to others and support group supervision as required by the Team Manager.
- Responsible for effective time management and responding flexibly to the needs of the service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- ASYE plus at least 3 years’ experience plus additional supervisory/practice development role/contributing to learning of others.
- Approved social work qualification: Social Work degree, DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Registration with Health Care Profession Council (HCPC).
- To hold or currently working towards Stage 2 Practice Educator Award
- Extensive post qualification experience including that of a progressed social worker.
- ASYE plus at least 3 years’ experience with an additional supervisory/practice development role/contributing to learning of others.
- Experience in safeguarding desirable.
- Significant post qualifying experience in a Child and Families setting.
- Direct work with vulnerable children and their families.
- Knowledge of social care legislation and guidance and other legislation e.g., Education and Housing relating to Children’s Social Care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of child development and disabilities.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of professional social work practices and theories relating to social work.
- Good understanding of assessment and child care planning techniques.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to relate effectively with children and their parents.
- Ability to foster good inter/intra agency communication and to listen sensitively to different perspectives.
- Able to interpret and use management information, including financial management information.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to be child focussed and work effectively with children.
- Ability to fully meet the requirements of the post and cover the geographical area required, either by possession of a valid driving licence and access to public/other transport.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Advanced/Senior Practitioner – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.