- Pay Rate:
£399.68 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Woolwich, London,
Interim Adult Skills & Community Learning Manager (part-time) – Employment & Skills
Job Ref: Woolwich RQ679873
Pay Rate: £399.68 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS required
Candidates must be able to start immediately and be available for 3 months
To lead and manage the Council’s adult skills, community and family learning provision. The post holder will ensure that a high-quality service is delivered by sub-contracted providers meeting the needs of learners and that the Council’s priorities for employment and skills are met.
The post holder will undertake regular analysis of data to provide qualitative and quantitative information on the service and on individual providers in order to track performance, spend, outcomes and impact. They will manage the budget for adult and community learning, apprenticeship and work experience/ work related learning complying with external funders’ requirements and the Council’s financial, budget monitoring processes.
- Provide strategic direction for the service putting in place an overall plan based on local priorities through which curriculum planning and commissioning and activities can take place and impact measured.
- Oversee the commissioning of apprenticeship, adult skills and community learning programmes in line with Council procurement processes and SFA rules around sub-contracting and ensure a coherent and diverse offer is in place to meet local needs.
- Oversee delivery of a work experience and work-related learning offer; identify vet and secure work experience placements through employers ensuring high standards for safeguarding and health and safety; broker arrangements with schools to fill placements and to deliver work related learning programmes.
- Ensure effective delivery of the Council’s apprenticeship and adult and community learning programme. Monitor the performance of adult and community learning providers and put in place appropriate support and challenge to ensure that quality and performance is continuously improved.
- Undertake remedial action to address any under-performance across the programme, re-allocating and re-commissioning funding where required to ensure the offer to Borough residents is maintained.
- Liaise and consult with key stakeholders, learners, providers and other internal and external partners to develop and deliver adult skills and community learning, work experience and work-related learning and apprenticeship programmes in the borough.
- Represent Employment and Skills on internal and external working groups/ partnerships relating to apprenticeships, work experience and work-related learning.
- Ensure ACL meets OFSTED requirements for a high performing service. Provide advice to Senior Managers and Members on OFSTED requirements and undertake a lead role during inspection including acting as ‘nominee’ which involves being an active member of the inspection team and contributing to the challenge and moderation processes.
- Develop and deliver effective engagement strategy. Lead on Adult Learners Week, National Apprenticeship Week, Festival of Learning, other events and activities working with providers, schools, businesses and partners to deliver a comprehensive engagement programme.
- Develop and implement an e-learning strategy to ensure new technology and online learning resources support learners and provide flexible, innovative and cost effective ways of delivering learning.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Significant experience leading and managing adult skills, community and family learning provision.
- Ability to provide strategic direction through which curriculum planning and commissioning and activities can take place and impact measured.
- Commissioning experience in line with procurement processes and SFA rules around sub-contracting
- Experience overseeing delivery of work experience, vetting and securing placements.
- Experience providing analysis of data to provide qualitative and quantitative information to track performance, spend, outcomes and impact.
- Budget management experience complying with external funders’ requirements and the Council’s financial, budget monitoring processes.
- Experience implementing e-learning ensuring technology and online learning resources supports learners.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Adult Skills & Community Learning Manager PT - Employment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.