- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Reference no: MRC RQ725084
Pay rate £9.50 per hour PAYE
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity
Responsible for providing full administration support relating to the Hospice (including the ward and main reception) and community services across Wales
- Provide secretarial and administration support including producing correspondence, referrals, reports, minutes, presentations, and other hospice documents – which may include audio/copy/dictated methods, both soft & hard copies.
- Maintain and update office systems for management information, including answering the ward phone.
- Maintain management information reports as required, in accordance with a pre-agreed schedule and ad-hoc as may be requested from time to time.
- Provide general office admin support (photocopying; filing - paper & electronic; maintaining patient records using a variety of IT systems) in a timely fashion.
- Provide Reception cover and act as the first point of contact for the hospice to receive visitors, handle incoming calls, deal pro-actively with enquiries and support communication within the Hospice. This will include issuing hospice fobs, external post activities, ensuring patient equipment is returned correctly, liaising with funeral directors, doctors and other key stakeholders.
- Provide admin support on the wards to clinical staff on a rota basis, interacting with patients, their families and visitors via the ward reception
- Ensure arrangements for internal events and meetings are made in a timely fashion, including any booking of rooms; associated documentation; co-ordinating any catering requirements as may be required.
- Take minutes of meetings when asked to do so.
- Organise travel and/or accommodation arrangements as may be required from time to time for colleagues and patients.
- Organise work schedules and working papers/files (etc.) for internal/external meetings
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Knowledge of general office systems such as “bring forward” diarising, filing etc
- Extensive experience of and confidence with using Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of administrative and support functions
- Able to self-direct and take responsibility for own workload, determining priorities and scheduling own work as well as contributing to the overall tasks/activities of the admin team
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.