- Pay Rate:
£10.57 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Bolton, Lancashire,
Temporary Administrator – Resources
Reference no: Bolton 0006 BE5A / 1
Pay Rate: £10.57 per hour PAYE
Minute taking skills and experience is essential for this role
To assist the Public Health, Health Protection Team in ensuring the Department fulfils its primary purpose both effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Health Protection admin services.
- Work effectively with other team members and to contribute to improving the work of the team.
- Plan, manage and develop your work to meet specified requirements and deadlines.
- Record, store and supply information.
- Communicate information using systems available.
- Organise, support and maintain the use of information systems including data bases.
- Be responsible for research, preparation and presentation of a range of documents from various sources to specified deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain documents for storage and archiving following Departmental and Council guidelines.
- Be responsible for co-ordinating the distribution of mail, including monitoring, ordering and distributing specified goods and services.
- Be responsible for the receipting, recording, monitoring and making of payments in line with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to the scheduling, organising and co-ordinating of activities, resources and events including travel and accommodation and meeting venues.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Administration Level 3 or BTEC Business Diploma/Certificate or working towards this qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- To demonstrate experience of taking minutes of meetings direct to a laptop or computer.
- Word processing qualification or typing qualification and / or experience of working in a busy office environment and competent with word processing/typing skills.
- Experience of using a range of computer software packages and systems.
- Strong administration skills and experience, providing a range of administration activities, you will be an excellent team player who has a strong ability to converse well with both internal and external partners.
- An understanding of the services, provided by Public Health, Health Protection.
Skills & Experience:
- To develop, implement and maintain quality administrative services to customers.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and under own supervision using initiative.
- To demonstrate the ability to research, locate, select and analyse information to support decision-making and audit compliance.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, organise and prioritise your work to meet deadlines and changes in priority.
- Demonstrate the ability to organise, support and maintain the use of information technology systems and software.
- Able to enter and retrieve information and produce complex documents using a range of systems and software.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.