- Pay Rate:
£11.61 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire,
Temporary Administrator – Resources
Reference no: Gloucestershire 5222337
Pay Rate: £11.61 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to provide and ensure an effective, efficient and consistent administrative support to the service to enable them to meet their business and customer needs
Assist, where appropriate, in the realisation of business efficiencies and financial savings via the effective use of systems within the service area.
- Ensure that any necessary clerical and administrative processes, which support the team activities, are carried out effectively in order to help the team meet its objectives.
- Undertake such other duties related to the work of the organisation as may be assigned that are consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Provide general and complete administrative support including dealing with telephone enquiries, paper and electronic diary management, filing, sorting and distributing post, maintaining stationery supplies etc.
- Produce a wide range of documents using relevant IT/Microsoft packages.
- Support the preparation of presentations / documents when needed.
- Be responsible for the accurate input and monitoring of data onto relevant systems.
- Undertake administrative duties to support the business needs of the Team and the wider service area using, where appropriate, computer based systems, to ensure that services are maintained effectively, flexibly and in a timely way so as to enable the service area and organisation to meet it objectives.
- Respond and deal with queries via telephone, email and in person providing a high standard of customer care.
- Provide appropriate support to meetings, seminars and workshops. Including booking rooms / venues, sending invites, preparing agendas and taking minutes/action points.
- Support the culture of developing, coordinating, formalising and standardising administration processes within the Service Area.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE level in Mathematics and English to Grade C or above.
- NVQ 3 in Business Administration or an appropriate equivalent qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Relevant administrative experience for the role, including using appropriate systems
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and policy context appropriate to this post
- Experience of working within a complex statutory organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels
- Good skills in producing work including formatting, layout and style.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.