- Pay Rate:
£12.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Haringey, London,
Temporary Administrator/Receptionist - Children’s Centre
Reference no: Haringey RQ824747
Pay Rate: £12.47 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to receive parents, carers, children and all visitors and callers to the centre, providing a warm welcome and guidance as required. Ensure the day to day-operational activities of the office run effectively and that the reception area is presentable and welcoming at all times.
- Welcome all families, visitors and callers to the centre, ensuring registration procedures are followed and to direct visitors to the appropriate area, informing personnel of their arrival.
- Signpost users to any relevant service.
- Answer all telephone calls, taking and logging messages, answering general queries and transferring calls to appropriate personnel.
- Book visits, meetings and events where appropriate providing administrative support to the centre team.
- Take bookings and collect fees for attendance at groups and keep relevant records.
- Maintain the centre’s central email system, directing emails to appropriate personnel; to set up and maintain Outlook system for personnel to access – using electronic diaries, message systems and other tools, ensuring the day-to-day-smooth operational running of the office.
- Open post and circulate, maintaining staff communication system.
- Prepare and write reports and letters and carry out administrative duties related to the post.
- Assist staff in photocopying, binding and laminating documents as required.
- Assist in carrying out regular stock checks on stationary materials and ordering new stock as needed.
- Receive all deliveries, checking receipts of goods and notifying personnel to collect.
- Produce any relevant publicity for the centre.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum GCSE level English and Maths or equivalent through relevant experience/training.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of administrative functions.
- Experience of working with the general public.
- Willingness to be flexible about hours worked.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with families, visitors and staff.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator/Receptionist - Children’s Centre
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.