- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- DURHAM, Co. Durham,
Full Job Title: Temporary Administrator – Public Health
Job Reference: Durham 1003758213951531
Pay Rate: £9.79 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
This role is Hybrid
To provide a comprehensive, robust administrative support service to support the Public Health Team and Public Health CPPO/CO within the Commissioning Team.
- Managing incoming communications (email, post, telephone calls) and highlighting/prioritising key points to follow up.
- To create electronic documents, reports, letters etc. from copy and dictation.
- To highlight issues of a urgent nature to relevant senior members of the team.
- Set up and maintain electronic and manual filing systems allowing easy retrieval.
- Organise travel, accommodation and hospitality requirements.
- Establish and maintain a pass back system for staff supporting.
- Process payment of invoices and tracking of financial transactions using Oracle.
- To make arrangements for meetings and events including the booking of venues, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, organising agendas, and taking minutes.
- Undertake progress/chasing tasks arising from meetings.
- The preparation, production and presentation of documents and minutes from own notes and from a variety of sources of information.
- To assist in the management of the electronic diary for members of the Public Health Team and CPPO/CO.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- BTEC National in Public Administration or NVQ 3 Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Organising events, conferences, meetings administration
- Demonstrable experience of accurate and timely data input and data management
- Proven ability to take and transcribe detailed and accurate meeting minutes.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- ICT Skills:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Excellent keyboard skills, with a minimum requirement of 35 wpm
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator – Public Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.