- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Chichester, West Sussex,
Temporary Administrator - Energy Services Team
Reference no: W Sussex RQ735026
Pay Rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working - mix of home working and office working. Depending on experience and the need for training. Expect 1 or 2 days a week in the office but quite flexible about which ones and, as a team, only have one day a month (first Monday of the month) when everyone is expected in the office.
The successful candidate will be a member of an admin resource pool, responsible for providing a range of administrative support within and across services as determined by the Office Resource Manager. Responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient, flexible administrative service to support clients. Undertaking a wide range of technical/specialist admin tasks as directed, whilst maintaining high standards of work.
- Responsible for the provision, as directed, of a flexible administrative service to a high standard to clients, undertaking a wide range of relatively complex tasks including the operation of associated equipment, as required by the client within timescales. Such as: research and production of statistical/management information, creating graphs and/or electronic presentations from notes, reports, or the organisation of straightforward events/courses.
- As a member of a resource pool, undertake a range of tasks as allocated which may include support to colleagues to manage workloads across the team.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for some specific tasks within the resource pool. E.g. the absence management system or the room booking process.
- Support the day to day work of the client, arranging meetings, booking resources, taking minutes, managing e-mails, maintaining and updating electronic diaries, faxing and photocopying, proof reading.
- Administer events or training courses, including booking of resources, collation and distribution of papers.
- Communicate in an appropriate manner and develop good working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people, such as Senior Managers, Union representatives, key contacts and members of the public.
- Taking notes, requiring analysis and interpretation of sometimes complicated information during lengthy meetings, such as Senior Management Team meetings.
- May be responsible for specific tasks within the team, such as administration of access requests for schools e.g. software access or access to different drives, etc; Yourspace updates, or checking and stocking stationery cupboards in County Hall. -Deal with internal/external enquiries and use judgement to refer to senior managers as necessary.
- Responsible for handling/processing/storing confidential information, in order to collate and distribute papers, undertake complex/sensitive office filing.
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
A relevant NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience (at least one year).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working within administrative office systems/practices.
- Experience of providing an efficient secretarial service to clients.
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with operating an administrative service.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator - Energy Services Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.