- Pay Rate:
£12.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Stafford, Staffordshire,
Temporary Administrator - Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Reference no: Staffordshire 5220193
Pay Rate: £12.02 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The team’s Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards responsibilities are centred around ensuring that vulnerable adults, who lack capacity to consent but need to be accommodated under care and treatment regimes that may have the effect of depriving them of their liberty, have their best interests protected in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Code of Practice.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the processing of DOLS referrals, ensuring statutory timescales are met and are line with DOLS Code of Practice. Communicate with providers, assessors and members of the public.
- Support and liaise with managing authorities and the NHS to ensure the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards application process is followed. Advise managing authorities on the completion of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Authorisation Request forms to ensure the quality of the information meets the guidance in the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards code of practice.
- Commission on behalf of the supervisory body Best Interest Assessors, Mental Health Assessors, and Independent Mental Capacity Advocates. To ensure when required that representatives are appointed with the appropriate support and guidance.
- Monitor current Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards authorisations to ensure that no authorisation expires without a further standard authorization or review is requested.
- Ensure appropriate Best Interest Assessor cover is available at all times by planning and supervising rotas and ensuring newly trained Best Interest Assessors are offered the opportunity to shadow assessments. To arrange meetings and training sessions as appropriate for Best Interest Assessors.
- Manage a small caseload of deputyship / appointeeship cases by assessing the appropriate level and extent of intervention required to ensure financial affairs are adequately managed and independence and choice maintained.
- To liaise with the Court of Protection / Office of the Public Guardian, other local authorities and solicitors, banks, building societies, finance institutions, Department for Work and Pensions and care managers / key worker to effectively manage the financial affairs of a person.
- Collate, produce and distribute national, regional and internal Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards statistics for the Department of Health - West Midlands region, partner agencies and internal meetings.
- Contribute positively to Legal Services’ marketing and selling services commercial activities.
- To carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE English and Maths (Grade C and above) or equivalent.
- IT qualification equivalent to the competency level of ECDL/CLAIT.
- NVQ II in Business Administration or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of working with people with mental incapacity
- Understanding the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards code of practice. Also an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and how it applies to deprivation of liberty safeguards and deputyship
- Experience of working in an administrative or finance function
- Knowledge of benefits and pensions payable to service users by DWP etc
- The ability and experience to operate a computer based information system and use Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to analyse processes and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Experience of working with internal & external customers to provide an excellent quality service
- Good understanding of investment and asset management
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator - Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.