- Pay Rate:
up to £11.93 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Administrative Support Officer
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5225459
Pay rate up to £11.93 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 3 months
To work as part of a team of paid staff and volunteers to promote public access to and enjoyment of the collections in the care of the Oxfordshire Museums service by undertaking a range of administrative duties in support of the work of the service
- To undertake a variety of general administrative tasks including responding to enquiries, processing requests for room and activity bookings, group visits etc. using electronic recording systems
- To raise invoices and internal recharges for services delivered
- To receive requests from the Museums Team to place orders for goods and services via IBC
- To undertake a range of office management duties including dealing with emails/monitoring and maintaining supplies
- To undertake data collection and recording for management purposes as required
- To welcome visitors to the Museums Resource Centre
- To de-alarm/alarm and open/close the site as and when required
- To encourage the involvement of volunteers in various administrative duties and supervise their work as necessary
- To cover for colleagues during absences and be able to travel to other museum service sites if required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Have had a good general education with GCSEs to include English and Maths or equivalent ie NVQ2 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in English speaking, listening and communication and Mathematics
- Have experience of ordering goods and services through electronic systems
- Be able to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Be able to work effectively in a team, but also have the confidence and demonstrate the initiative needed to work independently without close supervision
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrative Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.