- Pay Rate:
£11.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- Southwark, London,
Temporary Administrative Officer - Local Support Team
Reference no: Southwark 5219238
Pay Rate: £11.05 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
Hybrid working available
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for processing either section based administrative processes, or corporate administrative systems on behalf of a particular team(s). They will also provide general office management tasks or gives direction to junior staff in completing.
Assisting Local Support Officers with Southwark's Emergency Support Scheme, Income Maximisation for residents etc.
- Responsible for delivering section based or council wide administrative processes. This will require the application and interpretation of defined criteria or seeking out solutions where issues are not straightforward, only clearing or referring complex matters.
- Assisting Local Support Officers with Southwark's Emergency Support Scheme, Income Maximisation for residents etc.
- Working with other council functions or partner services to gather information and coordinate responses to internal or external enquiries.
- Make contact by phone; compose correspondence and e-mails as part of the application of processes or in response to specific enquiries. Seek solutions and be accountable for related follow up action where appropriate to the role and the section’s purpose.
- Provide office support which may require the direction of others, dealing with incoming phone calls, meeting arrangements, data management – scanning, archiving, logging and distributing data, participating in reviews of processes and systems
- Maintain various administrative related manual or electronic systems, including corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases, text files. Be able to respond to queries and to produce appropriate outputs, e.g. reports.
- Produce written and statistical reports, using Microsoft Office suite or other appropriate software. This may include preparing reports for a specific need.
- Dependent on the organisation of the section, supervise one or more staff involved in the provision of administrative tasks.
- Take specific responsibility for a function related to the smooth operation of the office environment, which would require some specific knowledge (e.g. health and safety issues), or co-ordinating others’ activities, or setting up an administrative process that support the work of the Section.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working on own initiative, organise workloads, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working in fast passed environment.
- Experience of composing written materials that meet customers’ needs.
- Numeracy skills in order to compile simple statistical and financial information and undertake complex calculations.
- Good verbal and written communication skill.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrative Officer - Local Support Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.