- Pay Rate:
Up to £13.91 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Administrative Officer – Home To School Transport Eligibility
Job Reference: Oxfordshire 5222839
Pay Rate: Up to £13.91 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
To provide high quality administrative support to the Home to School Transport Eligibility Team.
Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to staff based in the team who may not work from one office;
Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices.
Developing detailed knowledge, skills and expertise in home to school transport and school admissions fields to enable the directorate to meet statutory requirements and meet local priority needs
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Safeguarding and Child/ Vulnerable Adult Protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, or comparable ability
- NVQ2 or higher in Administration - desirable
- ILM2 or equivalent - desirable
- Two years' proven administrative experience preferably in a specialist service area.
- Proven front line service (visitor/telephone) experience
- Experience of handling data and statistics
- Information research, retrieval and collation using internet/web based systems
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex issues effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person
- Ability to handle challenging and sometimes emotional situations and customers
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
- Ability to work calmly under pressure prioritising competing demands effectively
- Initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change
- Ability to produce accurate summaries of meetings, events and conversations
- Ability to attend work regularly and on time
- ICT Skills:
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, to at least an Intermediate level
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems
- Use of Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint - desirable
- Use of Liquidlogic (EYES) - desirable
- Use of Capital One - desirable
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Admin Officer – Home To School Transport Eligibility
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.