- Pay Rate:
£10.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
- Hyde, Tameside,
Temporary Administrative Assistant x 4 - Central Ticket Office
Reference no: Manchester P 0006 53F3 / 1
Pay Rate: £10.47 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to provide efficient clerical and administrative duties necessary to progress related traffic offences and penalty notices for disorder received in the Central Ticket Office (CTO).
- Retrieve accurate information from all forms of Camera Detection Devices and media.
- Accurately view, process and interpret offences and where necessary perform secondary checks.
- Accurately input / import information from original offence onto the appropriate national system e.g. Pentip.
- To update the computer to record all stages in the processing of the Notice of Intended Prosecution, Section 172 Request for Information, Fixed Penalty Notice and conditional offers.
- Assist in the validation of input and accessing of information when required checking Notices and verifying queries with appropriate internal individuals.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, Her Majesty Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS), Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and various other outside agencies.
- To promote and comply with GMP's policies on health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Comply with and promote equality legislation and GMP's policies on diversity and equality. Take steps to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations
- To comply with the requirements of GMP's policies on Drug and Alcohol testing – requirements in respect of specific posts/ roles are described in the policies which are available on the Intranet/SharePoint.
- To fully participate in GMP’s development review process.
- If you have responsibility for staff; to manage staff development, performance and attendance using appropriate GMP policy and procedure.
- To review system exception reports produced by the various computer systems such as, Pentip, PNC, and undertake a suitable course of action in line with the current policies and procedures.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of education at a GCSE level, or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Worked in a similar administrative capacity, dealing with clerical duties.
- Experience of recording, inputting, accessing, retrieving, evaluating, checking and interpreting information on computer databases.
- Competent in using computer systems including Microsoft packages and the Internet.
- Experience of dealing with telephone enquires providing information and assistance.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision and using initiative e.g. dealing with queries, clarifying details.
- Ability to disseminate and communicate information in accurate and concise manner verbally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrative Assistant x 4 - Central Ticket Office
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.