- Pay Rate:
£18.72 per hour
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Embankment, London,
Temporary Administrator/Action Planning Officer
Reference no: MPX TCLX 0007 CCE6 /1
Pay Rate: £18.72 per hour
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: Embankment, London
Hybrid working - 2-3 office days – all meetings must be conducted F2F so office presence is required
Candidates may be required to travel to other police locations such as Hendon, Lambeth and Sidcup for meetings
CTC vetting required for this role
Candidates with current CTC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the end-to-end process of managing data from its identification and collection through to its eventual disposal is conducted in an efficient, compliant and secure manner. The division will create, disseminate and enforce a set of rules and consistent standards across data usage, quality, security and compliance, providing direction for the workforce with regard to data usage, which will enable the delivery of the Met’s data strategy in line with data laws.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to developing better products to sit alongside and enhance self-service. Responsible for managing the flow of information requests and ensuring all reporting requirements are met. We monitor and ensure the delivery of all data requests, as well as ensuring that all Ad-Hoc and BAU reporting needs are addressed.
- Taking a proactive approach to communications, providing effective customer service.
- Reporting and Analytics team are responsible for developing the current reporting capability in order for requestors to be able to gain access to more meaningful insight from enhanced reports and dashboards, as well as providing demand analysis to allow the Data Office to be better resourced to meet the current data strategy.
- provide insight that helps leaders understand and improve performance and risk issues by delivering an evidence based performance framework that embeds organisational learning outcomes.
- Providing administrative support vital to ensuring the efficient and effective running of the office.
- Drafting both internal and external communications on behalf of the SLT and extended SLT where necessary, sharing knowledge and learning.
- Challenging upwards where necessary to ensure clarity is sought ahead critical meeting/decisions.
- Delivering high quality, consistent communication and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with the commissioning and preparation of papers for a range of internal boards.
- Liaising and building effective working relationships with other Private Offices, the Commissioner’s office and MOPAC.
- Assisting in the management of the Business Operations Team Mailbox, dealing with enquiries into the Data Office, redirecting as necessary.
- Acting as a secretariat for Data Office Boards and significant meetings – SLT, People & Resources Board, Tasking & Coordination and could possibly cover Extended SLT meetings as well.
- Taking minutes, capturing and managing actions/outputs from meetings which are critical to the functionality of the Data Office, normally at SLT level and above
- Storing appropriate papers in Box for all to access – filing in an auditable way
- Chasing and updating actions ahead of meetings.
- Facilitating meetings – such as ensuring that the agenda is prepared ahead of the meeting and that the agenda, minutes, packs and papers are circulated in advance of the meeting for pre reading.
- Working up and through/creating & embedding a governance cycle for the boards.
- Being present in the office for meetings, ensuring that rooms are set up for MS Teams functionality.
- Managing diaries of senior leaders within the Data Office, as necessary.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via email@example.com by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to A level or equivalent professional experience
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills; to enable high quality written skills to deliver letters, reports, email, briefing notes.
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver against deadlines.
- Experience in minuting meetings and recording/tracking actions, creating agendas etc.
- Relationship management and inter-personal skills, forming effective working relationships across a wide range of people and groups, engaging confidently with the business at the required level.
- The ability to work under pressure, managing a range of activities as part of a team with confidence to manage a range of stakeholders at a senior level.
- A high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- To be forward thinking, organised, proactive and able to work independently using own initiative.
- The ability, supported by line manager, to manage conflict to resolution as well as ability to manage expectations of individuals who have raised issues.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator/Action Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.