- Pay Rate:
£14.07 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Administration Assistant – Waste Services
Job Ref: Durham 1003401414820234
Pay Rate: £14.07 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Postcode: SR8 2JQ
Hybrid working options available once full training completed
The post holder will be accountable to the Senior Support Services Officer in the service area allocated, and will work in co-operation with the other Administration Assistants in Business Support.
- Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible.
- Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes for all functions within the service.
- Work with a customer focussed team approach.
- Participate in team meetings and ensure effective and efficient channels of communication are facilitated.
- Assist in identification of risks within the service area.
- Promote a positive culture with colleagues and contributing to providing continuous service improvement.
- Work with the team to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with P2P procedures
- Where required rotate duties with other members of staff in the section to ensure cover is provided at all times of absence
- Work with other colleagues in Business Support to ensure peaks and troughs in other areas are supported
- Ensure a professional approach to work is adopted at all times
- Work with the other Administration Assistants to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services at all times.
- Ensure relevant Risk Assessments are carried out as appropriate to the section area.
- Ensure post handling is carried out efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- Work with other Support staff to assist in providing documents and reports to defend insurance claims
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) or equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering results.
- Experience in promoting a positive culture whilst working within a team.
- Able to manage major change effectively.
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of local government administration processes.
- An up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and safe working practices.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administration Assistant – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.