- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Full Job Title: Admin Business Support Officer – Fostering Service
Reference no: Lancashire RQ611637
Hybrid Role; the candidate will need broadband and WIFI access at home but they will be provided with ICT equipment to be able to work from home.
To provide direct business support for Education and Children's Services working closely with operational staff, managers and customers in a highly sensitive environment.
Under supervision maintain, update and extract information from systems.
Assist with the collection and collation of information relevant to the Service.
Respond to, and resolve where appropriate, telephone, face to face, e-mail and other enquiries.
The post-holder will undertake a range of functions that could include the following:
- Providing business support to the Fostering Service which includes responding to enquiries from internal and external customers which could be received via telephone, face-to-face, email and other and resolve, where appropriate
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Provide business support for meetings, which could include arranging dates, room bookings, preparing agendas, or note taking as appropriate
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
- General office duties including scanning, printing, maintaining electronic filing systems
- Assisting with duties in relation to ordering goods, invoices and payments as appropriate
- Assisting with the collection and collation of statistics, data or other Management Information
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of supporting people/customers either face to face or virtually
- Business Support experience, including regular use of IT systems and office routines which may include mail, filing, telephone communication and message taking
- Providing support for meetings which could include arranging dates, room bookings and preparation of agendas, note taking and any other related tasks
- Experience of following a system to process orders, invoices and financial records
- Using an electronic records/database system
- ICT Skills: Knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Admin Business Support Officer – Fostering Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.