- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Cardiff, South Glamorgan,
Temporary Admin Assistant – Central Transport Services
Reference no: Cardiff RQ790912
Pay Rate: £11.39 per hour PAYE
Enhanced disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide support for all of the Councils fleet and associated services in Cardiff City. This includes vehicle maintenance, procurement, hire, fuel and invoicing along with many other support functions.
The successful candidate will provide a range of workplace activities and experiences as directed by the manager and will undertake a range of learning opportunities to help you develop in the role.
- To become competent in the following activities by the end of the trainee period:
- Proficient in the use of a fleet management system, (Tranman) and able to manage vehicle assets effectively in this system.
- Proficient in essential office skills and able to perform confidently basic invoice management, filing, ordering stock and accounting for it.
- Understanding administration needed to support important functions such as MOT testing for cars and HGV’s.
- Learning and being competent in compliant vehicle documentation / storage.
- To develop transferrable workplace skills.
- Be adaptable and responsive to change.
- Assist with the provision of a high quality service – this may include developing homeworking skills for some roles.
- Support internal and external customer requests.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE A-C.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of Fleet management.
- This is a development post therefore no essential prior experience or knowledge is required.
- Demonstrate an interest in Operations involved in delivering the service e.g. Bookings, MOTs, Parts, Stockroom, Invoicing, compliance and schedules
- Able to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English and/or Welsh in order to speak to colleagues, ask questions to gain understanding or take messages.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Admin Assistant – Central Transport Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.