- Pay Rate:
£10.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Reference no: Cardiff RQ780506
Pay rate £10.79 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
To assist in the recovery of debts referred for legal action on the computerised debt recovery and property recovery systems; to manage a caseload of pre-litigation cases including any queries, to deal with all incoming correspondence, to carry out support duties for the Litigation solicitors and staff, and to assist in the day to day operation of the Litigation Group
- Maintaining a caseload of debts referred for legal action including the progression of cases on the debt recovery computerised system until payment or closure, the issue of letters before action, the issue and enforcement of claims, daily reviews and the updating of the Debt Recovery system to record progress and status, obtaining further instructions and monitoring and updating of payments.
- Updating and maintaining the debt recovery document management system.
- Operating any computerised equipment relating to other legal work in the Courts and Tribunals; and any computerised time recording, case management, or other record system maintained by Legal Services.
- Maintaining the debt recovery case management system, including updating client contacts and particulars of claim details as necessary.
- Perform credit control checks with external contacts and customers.
- Work closely with internal client departments to ensure accuracy of information prior to issuing proceedings.
- Gather information from client departments prior to court hearings.
- Responding to incoming correspondence (post, email and telephone) and progressing queries by contacting client departments and obtaining relevant information.
- Responding to court correspondence and submitting applications to court where necessary.
- Providing instructions to court bailiffs and authorising warrant suspensions
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent experience
- Previous experience within a busy office environment
- Experience of working with computerised systems and databases
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to deal with people at all levels
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and raise issues with supervisors
- The ability to deal with the public and private solicitors and court staff
- Able to use initiative and take responsibility for own work
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.