- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire,
Interim Accountant – Financial Services
Reference no: Gloucestershire 5228790
Pay Rate: Up to £22.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 12 months
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive financial service to senior officers including, for designated areas of responsibility, production of budgets, maintenance and closure of accounts, maintenance and development of financial systems, and advising senior managers on complex financial issues. To use financial skills to ensure high quality financial decision-making, accurate and timely financial information and compliance with legislation and accounting standards.
- Responsible for the production of budgets, closure of accounts and/or financial systems, in compliance with corporate policy and standards.
- Responsible for producing information for statistical and government returns, and to liaise with Government Departments and external auditors on any associated issues.
- Support ways of improving the effectiveness of financial management within County Council and/or with external stakeholders by adopting best practice and/or innovative solutions to areas of concern, advising senior managers directly.
- Support the delivery of training programmes for Directors, Lead Commissioners, Budget Managers/Budget Holders, and other appropriate staff.
- Advise managers on budget areas causing concern, and to develop appropriate procedures to support effective control of budgets.
- Use financial skills and techniques to support decision-making by managers, e.g. investment appraisal, tender evaluation, trend analysis, manipulation of complex financial and non-financial data.
- Appraise the implications of changes in government policy or accounting requirements on the finances of the County Council, and advise senior managers accordingly.
- Work with senior managers from across the council on finance related matters, including projects.
- To contribute to the management and success of Strategic Finance, and to carry out other duties and responsibilities which may be required by the Strategic Finance Management Team.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Part-qualified (level 2) CCAB or full AAT.
- Actively pursuing full CCAB qualification.
- Demonstrates commitment to CPD.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Professional supervision of the work of others.
- Some relevant experience in a complex organisation.
- Influencing senior stakeholders over financial issues.
- Production of final accounts and budgets.
- Using computerised financial systems and spreadsheets to an advanced standard.
- Influencing senior decision makers over financial issues.
Skills & Abilities:
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Accounting and budgeting in a complex organisation.
- Technical problem-solving.
- Managing own workload and meeting deadlines.
- Encourage and obtain commitment from staff.
- Supporting projects.
- Using financial skills to improve business decision-making and performance.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accountant x 2 – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.