- Pay Rate:
£296.00 per day PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Addlestone, Surrey,
Interim Accountant – Financial Services
Reference no: Runnymede RQ843313
Pay Rate: £296.00 per day PAYE TBC
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to deliver robust, accurate and timely financial support and advice to all stakeholders to ensure that the best use is made of available financial resources, and that decisions are based on appropriate and accurate consideration of the relevant financial issues.
- Prepare the annual budgets for a range of services in accordance with the agreed estimate programme by using information supplied by, and in consultation with, Budget Managers and from allocation working papers by analysing information as appropriate to enable robust budgets to be set that are consistent with the Council’s financial strategy.
- Prepare the final accounts for services in accordance with the agreed Closing of Accounts programme by rigorously testing and examining information from the Financial Management System and from Budget Managers in order that robust and accurate service actuals are produced.
- Develop the system for the effective budgetary control of services by continuously reviewing the systems for providing budgetary control data, to ensure that, in consultation with Budget Managers, variances are identified and reported effectively, and appropriate action taken.
- Assist the Senior Accountants as directed and in accordance with agreed procedures to enable the effective control and monitoring of ledger controls and personal accounts and in completing high quality year end working papers.
- Provide proactive and responsive advice and support to Members and Managers as requested by giving verbal and written advice in order to assist them in achieving their aims whilst at the same time ensuring adherence to the Council’s financial regulations, standing orders aims and objectives.
- Maintain payroll controls by reconciling payroll system records to the Financial Management System and making sure that any variations or problems are quickly resolved, in order that up to date and accurate payroll information is available.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in compiling reports on salary costs by updating spreadsheets with the latest salary information and analysing significant variances, to enable the Senior Management Team to monitor and control their salary budgets.
- Administer the Council's Car Loan scheme. This includes following the procedure notes for setting up new loans, answering queries from staff about the scheme, recording the amounts recovered from staff salaries, reconciling records with other systems, and keeping up to date records of loans.
- Assist in providing Budget Manager and general finance training by taking an active role in such training courses and other methods as are necessary to ensure that Budget Managers are able to carry out their responsibilities within the Council’s financial framework.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Actively studying for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) or equivalent.
- Five GCSE or “O” levels or equivalent including Maths and English.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of three year’s working in a finance environment
- Knowledge of budget setting and budgetary control functions.
- Knowledge of cost allocation, recharging mechanisms and reconciling control accounts and salary budgets.
- Demonstrate a high degree of numeracy and accuracy.
- Confident with using figures and has the ability to collect, understand and interpret information and explain the meaning of figures in a clear way to non-finance staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to understand, analyse and interpret financial data and present it in a format suitable for reporting.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accountant – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.