- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- DORCHESTER, Dorset,
Temporary Accountancy Officer x3
Reference no: Dorset BL TCL 359826
Pay Rate: £12.92 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: DORCHESTER, Dorset
Hybrid role – location can be either Winfrith (Dorset) or Middlemoor (Exeter)
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for technical accounting support, including control account reconciliation, treasury management services, and data input/extraction including the provision of complex business analysis and information. To perform a range of finance functions including supporting financial and resource management advice to internal and external customers, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, ensuring accuracy and integrity of general ledger.
- First point of contact for FOI requests extracting data as necessary to answer requests.
- Extract and prepare people and financial data in a usable and understandable format. Complete statistical returns as required by Home Office and other outside bodies.
- Maintenance of Major Operations reason codes.
- Reconciling costs associated with secondments of officers to another Force and arranging for recharging and cost recovery.
- Preparation of claims and costings for mutual aid and partnerships reimbursements.
- Monitor cash flow and analyses Treasury Management Data, including on a daily basis, updating cash flow model forecasts and uploads daily movements in the bank account to Agresso, recalling investments as required and updates cash flow model accordingly.
- Carry out monthly analysis of investment holdings and assist with budget building process.
- Reconcile the various bank accounts. This includes inputting items that do not appear on Agresso, investigating items that have appeared on bank statement without any paperwork, agreeing timetable with Head of Compliance to resolve any outstanding queries.
- Monitor and check VAT payments made within Agresso. Completion of monthly claims via the HMRC website and dealing with any queries that may result from the submission.
- Carry out a range of reconciliation and related tasks in connection with year end accounting processes to meet deadlines as set out in the end of year timetable
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Demonstrate good administrative skills together with evidence of a previous record of high standards of accuracy in a financial environment.
- Experience and use of computer packages including financial systems, Microsoft Office. Intermediate user of Excel, and advanced use of browser based reporting techniques.
- Thorough understanding of police structure, internal systems and an in depth knowledge of purchasing codes are required to undertake this role.
- Able to evidence previous position/s of trust and responsibility, specifically in relation to cash handling or finance generally.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to customer service.
- Ability to organise own time and to plan and carry out activities in an orderly and structure way to ensure deadlines are met. Must be able to evidence ability to prioritise, organise workloads and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to deal with incoming correspondence, incoming payments by cheque, bank transfer, card or cash and to analyse information. Ability to maintain accurate daily records.
- Ability to confidently interact orally, by email or by letter with members of the Force, external customers, banks, G4S and local government.
- Ability to deal with any scrutiny arising from contact with external customers, banks, G4S and local government.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
NPPV2 vetting required
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accountancy Officer x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.