- Pay Rate:
£20.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- KENSINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Accommodation Solutions Officer - Housing
Reference no: K&C 5242749
Pay Rate: £20.02 per hour PAYE
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is 2-3 months
City: KENSINGTON, LONDON
To support the Accommodation Solutions Team Managers in securing the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the Temporary Accommodation and Resettlement team as a whole.
Provide housing options advice to households in temporary accommodation and promote effective move-on to other permanent housing, including intermediate rent, private rented and social housing. Also undertake suitability of accommodation reviews and related enforcement activity, work with accommodation providers and other services to resolve complaints and tenancy support issues; and support the implementation of a programme of tenancy audits. Assist in handling more complex suitability reviews and enforcement cases, including providing written statements to support the Council’s interests in judicial review cases or in response to other legal challenges
- Follow policy and procedures to successfully place singles persons and families into suitable accommodation
- To make the most appropriate, equitable and cost-effective use of available resources, ensuring that all lettings comply with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies
- Undertake assessments of suitability when offering accommodation
- Organise and/or facilitate with storage of goods and removals when necessary
- Assist with the management of the team’s telephone lines and email inboxes and respond to customer queries regarding their accommodation.
- Liaise with the Procurement and Contract Management Team to ensure the most suitable available property is offered to the applicant
- Complete housing benefit forms and other forms as required
- Refer households for floating support when the need for assistance is identified
- Collect medical documents from the customer to appropriately refer an applicant for a medical review
- Respond to requests for emergency transfers
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of housing needs issues, legislation, and case law, including lettings, and the housing register.
- An understanding of the government’s agenda on homelessness and welfare reform.
- Experience of delivering front line services to homeless households
- Experience of communicating effectively to customers and at all levels of the organisation. (desirable)
Skills & Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the write letters, emails, reports, and procedures using plain English.
- Ability to manage a varied and demanding workload, and to provide a consistently high quality of work with limited supervision.
- Ability to assess and communicate service issues and problems and identify and cost appropriate responses and solutions.
- Ability to relate the Department’s objectives and policies in relation to the service, and to communicate these concisely, simply and sensitively to colleagues, customers and partners. (desirable)
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accommodation Solutions Officer - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.