- Pay Rate:
£28.31 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Kensington, London,
Interim Accommodation Manager – Housing
Reference no: K&C 5225567
Pay Rate: £28.31 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
Candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership within the Housing Solutions team and to manage one of five front line service areas, including line management of staff delivering front line services.
- Responsible for the customer focussed, efficient and effective delivery of the services within the Temporary Accommodation and Resettlement service.
- Provide leadership with the Temporary Accommodation and Resettlement service and to manage one of three service area, including line management of staff delivering these services.
- Responsible for monitoring own budgets and controlling spend and achieving savings targets.
- Monitoring of contracts for delivery of external services.
- Be responsible for staffing budgets.
- Commission, procure, and manage the supply of accommodation, including temporary accommodation, direct lets, and private rented sector accommodation.
- Lead on the development and management of systems for the monitoring of the Council’s temporary accommodation portfolio
- Ensure the temporary accommodation portfolio is configured in such a way as to be cost effective option for the Council.
- Interpreting and assessing customer needs, preparing forecasts and supply plans, identifying trends or mix, type, location, etc.
- Ensure robust systems are in place to identify compliance renewal issues with accommodation providers and are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that the performance of all accommodation-related projects, contracts and service level agreements is effectively reviewed, monitored and evaluated, and that any under-performance, service failure and/or financial and legal issues are addressed swiftly and appropriately.
- Develop and manage robust systems for the collection of accommodation and storage charges and to ensure arrears are reduced and collection rates are high.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent relevant qualification and experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- An excellent understanding of the government’s agenda on homelessness and welfare reform.
- Sound knowledge of local government processes.
- Experience of developing and implementing effective processes for monitoring, managing and achieving high levels of performance and service delivery.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Proven track record of effective team management.
- Experience of managing teams delivering front line services to homeless households in a busy housing service.
Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving skills and the ability to manage in difficult situations eg: with reducing budgets and within tight timelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the write letters, emails, reports, and procedures using plain English.
- Ability to relate the Department’s objectives and policies in relation to the service, and to communicate these concisely, simply and sensitively to colleagues, customers and partners.
- Ability to manage a varied and demanding workload, and to provide a consistently high quality of work with limited supervision.
- Ability to assess and communicate service issues and problems, and identify and cost appropriate responses and solutions.
- A commitment to equalities issues and an understanding of how they relate to the Temporary Accommodation and Resettlement service and the diverse needs of its customers
- Able to carry out home visits/site visits.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accommodation Manager – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.