- Pay Rate:
£10.89 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Newport, Isle of Wight,
Temporary Accommodation Administrator – Housing
Reference no: SGN 5219855
Pay Rate: £10.89 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide day to day operational support to the housing and maintenance functions. The main areas of work include providing the first point of contact for visitors and providing administrative support to the Accommodation Manager and the Accommodation Team.
- Take responsibility to deliver the right outcome for our customer in a safe and timely way.
- Deliver first point of contact resolution to customer transactional queries, responding to telephone calls, emails and face to face enquires in a polite, customer friendly manner being attentive and empathetic to the customers’ needs providing a customer focused quality service
- Offer multi-skilled responses to customer queries in Housing, Repairs, Complaints and all other business service areas as required.
- Utilising knowledge, systems and processes to support customers through the full arrival and departure process, including viewings, bookings, the issuing of tenancy agreements, right to rent checks, check-in and post-arrival support.
- Liaise with and undertake requests from NHS Trusts, universities, medical agencies and other external key partners, utilising a can-do approach displaying excellent customer care.
- Take the lead in owning customer repairs and maintenance requests, ensuring these are entered on to relevant systems, allocated to appropriate colleagues or contractors and that any orders or instructions are issued, focusing on seeking swift resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate input of relevant data (notes, actions, agreed plans with customers) into systems
- Assist the Accommodation Manager in the collection of customer feedback to support in the creation and delivery of service improvement opportunities.
- Undertake a range of transactional financial activities to support customers and our operation, including setting up direct debit payment instructions, processing refund requests, customer account adjustments, resident recharges and reconciling payments made on a daily basis to ensure accurate accounting.
- Utilise booking information and financial data to issue external organisations with invoices for accommodation and other services provided.
- Support the Accommodation Manager with the investigation of complaints, accidents and near misses, ensuring they are dealt with according to Sovereign’s policies and procedures.
- Support customers in financial arrears by offering advice and support in line with set processes, working closely with the Accommodation Manager and wider Income specialist colleagues to ensure that specialist support and action is taken in more challenging arrears cases.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Be passionate in delivering excellent customer services to reach the best possible customer outcome, with a flexible approach to meet with business needs.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team to meet goals within set timeframes.
- Be approachable, reliable and flexible, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with our customers.
- Be able to relate to customers and show empathy to understand customer's situation and to be able to agree most appropriate resolution.
- Take personal ownership and accountability for actions taken.
- Develop knowledge and skills in practices and procedures applicable to the role, with the ability to develop a working knowledge of the key principals and differences between different types of tenancy agreement.
- Ability to impact assess and to understand the difference between ‘major’ and ‘minor’ data issues.
- Knowledge of methods to monitor the quality of data and identify issues e.g. reconciliations.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accommodation Administrator – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.