- Pay Rate:
£10.89 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Reading, Berkshire,
Temporary Accommodation Administrator – Housing
Reference no: SGN 5219854
Pay Rate: £10.89 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide day to day operational support to the housing and maintenance functions. The main areas of work include providing the first point of contact for visitors and providing administrative support to the Accommodation Manager and the Accommodation Team.
- Ensure that all visitors are dealt with in a timely and helpful manner.
- To be sensitive to the needs and circumstances of all housing applicants and provide a customer focused quality service.
- Providing administration support for the Accommodation Office and staff members.
- Respond to any general correspondence received.
- Reply to accommodation requests/enquiries.
- Communicate with existing residents regarding various accommodation matters as required.
- Data in putting with entering tenant details on in-house computer programmes.
- Help to liaise with the Hospital Trust and or University Partners in resolving Tenant issues.
- Provide back up and general support as requested
- Assist with the processing of and raise invoices for rechargeable items.
- Assist with marketing the accommodation through a range of methods and send out all information to interested parties as and when requested.
- Research, prepare and supply information as requested.
- Cash handling and reconciliation as and when required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Be passionate in delivering excellent customer services to reach the best possible customer outcome, with a flexible approach to meet with business needs.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team to meet goals within set timeframes.
- Be approachable, reliable and flexible, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with our customers.
- Be able to relate to customers and show empathy to understand customer's situation and to be able to agree most appropriate resolution.
- Take personal ownership and accountability for actions taken.
- Develop knowledge and skills in practices and procedures applicable to the role, with the ability to develop a working knowledge of the key principals and differences between different types of tenancy agreement.
- Knowledge of methods to monitor the quality of data and identify issues e.g. reconciliations.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accommodation Administrator – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.