- Pay Rate:
Up to £737.96 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 8 months
Interim Programme Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00064357
Pay Rate: Up to £737.96 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Salisbury - Hybrid as and when needed
Contract Length: This role is working 120 working days over 6 months. (Days and hours TBC at interview).
The main duties and responsibilities of the Programme Manager would be to:
- Develop and clearance of the business case with project leads and SMEs
- Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and highlight need for senior level support. Man-age internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Provide direction and guidance on development to team and more broadly across departmental profession
- Secures resources and directs planning scheduling, resourcing and estimating for complex and large scale programmes.
- Oversee risk and issue management. Ensures mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement.
- Ensure realisation of benefits for customers through planning and designing and that project outputs meet programme requirements.
- Maintain overall integrity and coherence of programme and governance framework to support each project.
- Plan programme assurance activities.
- Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Lead the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes.
- Work with project leads and business as usual to ensure dependencies are actively managed, act as an arbiter and enforcer and resolve issues between the various elements of the programme.
- These responsibilities are taken from the Project Delivery Capability Framework (PDCF) and describe the career pathway for the Project Management role.
- A strong desire to deliver outputs for Defence through Science and Technology or the strategic Digital, Estate and business change projects;
- Existing knowledge of best practice in the delivery of projects and programmes;
- The ability to lead, influence and motivate an extensive team to deliver exploitable programme outcomes;
- The ability to manage and influence stakeholders to ensure programme success;
- The ability to interpret strategic intent to others in a manner that is clear and actionable
- Experience of delivering of tasks, projects or programmes to time cost and quality
- Programme Management Experience
- Financial Management experience
- The ability to trouble shoot and find effective solutions for the business
- Risk Management experience
- Experience Managing complex customer relationships.
- The ability to demonstrate management and implementation of process change
- It would be great if you also had:
- Awareness of other PM methodologies, e.g. Agile; PRINCE 2
- Experience with working/understanding of Oracle platforms
- Credible understanding of the Defence and Security or Operational context and the relevant customer environments.
- Awareness of the S&T or Operation
- Security Clearance: SC SOLE UK
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.