- Pay Rate:
£31.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- CAMDEN, London,
Interim Principal Planning Officer - Development
Reference no: Camden RQ742997
Pay rate: £31.92 per hour PAYE
The team requires a Principle Planning Officer to manage a caseload of large scale major and complex planning applications which include those referable to the GLA. Previous experience of working within a London based local authority would be beneficial.
- Process applications and deal with paid pre-application requests and appeals.
- Manage a caseload of large scale major and complex planning applications which include those referable to the GLA.
- Work in a proactive way to enable the delivery of high quality development in the Borough which will provide new homes, jobs and boost the local economy.
- Presenting at committees.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant degree level qualification and a diploma or post graduate qualification in town planning.
- Membership of the RTPI is desirable but not essential.
Skills & Experience:
- Have a number of years’ experience of working within development management in a local authority environment.
- Previous experience of working within a London based local authority would be beneficial.
- Experience of supervising staff and/or deputising for a team manager.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, mediation and presentation skills.
- Able to provide advice on planning policy issues to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience of working with M3 Northgate is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of presenting at committee would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Candidates should be confident at liaising with internal and external stakeholders to bring developments to a positive conclusion.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Planning Officer - Development
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.