- Pay Rate:
£13.16 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ROMFORD, Essex,
Temporary Accounts Receivables Officer - Transactional Services
Reference no: Havering RQ741273
Pay rate: £13.16 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Flexible to work across sites in Havering and Newham
An Accounts Receivables Officer is required to work within a busy and dynamic Receivables Team within Exchequer and Transactional Services, which is responsible for payments, receivables and reconciliations administration. The Service deals with raising and collection of invoices for Schools and Academies, Social Services - Homecare and Residential Accommodation, Shop Rents, Commercial Waste, Market Rent and the collection and enforcement of Council Tax and NNDR, the subsidy and administration of the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Scheme and Corporate Debt Recovery Board. Transactional Services delivers support services through the One Oracle ERP system.
- Responsible for the raising and recovery of debts, including via the County Court, referring to Bailiffs and Debt Collection Agents, entering and reconciliation of data, and provide high quality and consistent advice and support to customers.
- Assess and calculate a part billing period due from information supplied and deal with queries in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Tele-chasing customers with outstanding invoices, to collect debt due.
- Trace debtors to establish their current address and obtain payment.
- Negotiate payment arrangements and obtain payments of debts within agreed timescales.
- Work as part of a team to achieve or exceed targets for reducing debt owed to the council.
- Administer the debt accounts accurately, following existing council procedures and policies.
- Update system records ensuring data is accurate and factual.
- Recovery of outstanding debts via the courts.
- Deliver a high quality, consistent and professional service that meets strategic objectives, service level agreements (SLA), legislation, policies and procedures, being efficient and effective, whilst meeting agree timeframes, standards and targets.
- Provide routine advice and deal with routine queries and process resolution in accordance with statutory legislation, and operational procedures
- Flexibility to travel to sites in Havering and Newham.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience of debt collection/credit control within a large organisation, ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of recovering debts via the County Court.
- A professional approach to debt collection which is very much customer focused.
- Confident and resilient with experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Capable of thinking laterally and proactively.
- Persuasive, persistent and self-motivated.
- Good communicator whose negotiation and persuasion skills gain customer commitment.
- Hard working and a good team player.
- Professional with excellent customer care skills.
- Able to handle each call in the correct manner and have the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to learn quickly and cope with a variable workload and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office software suite, Oracle E-Business suite (EBS), and other desktop IT applications including spreadsheet functions.
- Clear experience of using multiple software systems and standard accounting packages for processing business tasks and information and running related reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant statutory and regulatory Legislation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Accounts Receivables Officer – Transactional Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.