- Pay Rate:
£17.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Temporary Principal HR Advisor – Human Resources
Reference no: Greenwich RQ815351
Pay rate: £17.27 per hour PAYE
A Principal HR Advisor is required with the credibility and confidence together with a detailed understanding of a complex public sector organisation, to work closely with, and coach, managers to meet their current and future people needs. May be required to deputise for the HR Manager on occasions. Responsibilities of this role encompass the duties of both a senior HR advisor and Team Leader for HR Advisers, Assistants and Trainees.
To focus on case management and the management of change at all levels, working in partnership with managers in order to support them in achieving their people management outcomes. Strong change management experience supporting organisational restructures is essential and TUPE transfers.
- Provide high quality, focussed advice and guidance to managers in relation to organisational change and the application of the council’s formal employment procedures.
- Support Directors and senior managers across a varied workload and quickly build positive and effective relationships to deliver the best outcomes across the employee life-cycle including resourcing, performance management, dismissal appeals, complex employee relations cases. Strong change management experience supporting organisational restructures is essential and TUPE transfers.
- Lead a team of HR officers providing HR advisory services and embed agile working across the HR Professional Services Team by responding to the needs of Directorates as required, acting as an expert point of reference for the team.
- Develop excellent communication channels to work in partnership with all partners and senior stakeholders. Identify the need for and design bespoke interventions to build capacity and capability of services and the organisation, evaluating interventions to ensure they meet agreed targets.
- Build knowledge and capacity across the HRPS, H&S and WFD service and with customers. Adopt best practice approaches to project management and use management information and data effectively to ensure added value is identified and delivered.
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior members of the HRPS Team to build knowledge and capacity, ensuring a consistent standard of service delivery and strengthen talent management and succession planning within HR.
- Manage a range of processes and performance indicators to ensure that all HR casework is managed in a timely manner and takes full account of relevant employment legislation and organisational precedent.
- Undertake pre-employment checks in a timely manner.
- Act as point of reference for organisational change management, working with the Deputy HR Managers / Strategic HR Manager to develop and implement appropriate HR solutions in the management of organisational change in order to meet organisational requirements.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Fully CIPD qualified.
- 2 years’ experience of providing HR Advice to a range of managers.
- Experience of the management of complex casework including re-organisations and TUPE.
- Experience of management all aspects of Human Resources within Local Government desirable.
- Experience of working with management, employees and trades unions to achieve staffing related service delivery improvements and evidence of successful management of professional teams bringing about improvements in services through change management and influencing the behaviours and actions of others.
- Employee relations experience/knowledge.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, its legal implications and HR best practice.
- Commitment to CPD – both personal and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. The broad scope of the role requires a solutions-focused approach, supported by well-developed analytical planning, excellent practice knowledge and strong organisational skills.
- Customer focused with high standards of achievements.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, effective management of staff and resources.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate with experience of designing and delivering workshops and briefing sessions and experience of working with computerised information systems.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal HR Advisor – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.