- Pay Rate:
£16.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, between 07:00 -21:00
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- TOWER HAMLETS, London,
Temporary Facilities Assistant - Facilities & Environmental Services
Reference no: Tower Hamlets RQ739861
Pay rate: £16.18 per hour PAYE
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for looking after workspace and buildings within the Councils corporate property portfolio. The remit includes Libraries, Idea Stores, Administration buildings, Youth Centres, Community building, Children’s Centres, Adults Centres and parks buildings. This is an opportunity to be involved in setting up new procedures and policies for a new building move, and be part of an excellent professional Facilities Management Service.
The Post Holder may work at a busy reception with a range of different service providers and will have responsibility for assisting in the planning of the delivery of FM services into the New Town Hall.
- Responsible for ensuring buildings are safe, clean, health and safety compliant, fit for purpose and ensure that value for money and excellent customer service is at the forefront of service delivery.
- Provide high quality FM services.
- Be a visible and approachable presence within the front of house/reception area assisting and guiding customers as and where required.
- Ensure that visitors and customers are appropriately welcomed and dealt with in accordance with corporate guidelines and FM procedures and standards.
- Ensure value for money and provide basic reports.
- Assist with the setting up of meeting rooms, including multimedia equipment and report any issues with the equipment to management, ICT and Helpdesk.
- Report on building issues and suggest improvements.
- Ensure that buildings are compliant, secure, and fit for purpose and provide an opening and closing service for assigned buildings in accordance with agreed corporate hours and/or to meet client needs and services.
- Build great relationships with building users and meet their service requirements.
- Ensure that customer issues are resolved quickly, and users are kept informed.
- Ensure that requests from the FM Helpdesk are responded to and resolved in a timely and pragmatic way. Statutory compliance will be a key responsibility, ensuring that records are maintained and that the Council’s Asset Management system is kept up to date.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Health and Safety qualification is desirable.
- Excellent experience within a Facilities and or Customer service environment and a basic understanding of the principles of Facilities Management.
- A successful track record of assisting in building great services.
- Awareness of legislation governing Health & Safety.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience and a proven ability to work with a range of staff and services to support excellent service delivery.
- High level of customer services skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Facilities Assistant - Facilities & Environmental Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.