- Pay Rate:
Up to £23.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Cultural Services Project Manager - Culture & Community
Reference no: Cambridge 5220261
Pay rate: Up to £23.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Basic DBS required for this role
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
To support the Cultural Services and Events Manager in the operation and delivery of the popular longstanding programme of events held in the Cambridge Corn Exchange, one of the largest venues in East Anglia, and the development of the overall Arts and Culture service, outdoor events programme and hall development. The Cambridge Corn Exchange and the Guildhall Halls offer high profile music gigs, conferences, comedy, theatre, and community activity.
- Work with the Cultural Services Manager to develop strategies and business plans for the long-term development of the venues and events and assist with strategic promotion of the section.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies and instigate business plans for aspects of the operation of the venues and events, including clear quality and financial benchmarks and targets to measure and monitor the success of the operation.
- Support in the lead of the venues management team, alongside the Venues General Manager, including the Front of House Manager, Technical Manager, and Box Office Manager, to ensure that the team is working at a consistently high standard.
- Determine customer service requirements by visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analysing information and applications and training staff.
- Contribute to the effective management of upcoming capital programmes, orchestrating the timeline and implementation of project works.
- Support in ensuring that the venues are fit for purpose, and that their operation complies with all relevant legislation and corporate policies and ensure facilities and buildings are maintained and manage development enhancement where applicable.
- Budget analysis and implementation of efficiency investigations.
- Carry out and manage procurements and contracts relevant to this role, ensuring that all procurement for the venues and events are compliant with City Council policy.
- Be an active member of the Cultural Services Management team, supporting the team’s role in delivering Corporate Objectives via the Community Services Operational Plan.
- Actively tackles issues to maintain individual, team and service performance and ensure colleagues in other services are briefed and consulted on issues that affect them.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised management qualification.
- Prince 2 desirable.
- IOSH Managing Safely/ BIIAB National Certificate desirable.
- Knowledge of project working.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Wide knowledge of the hospitality / events industry and management within the industry.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of venue facilities contract and contractor management.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Experience in contract and procurement delivery.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on budgets skills.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on income and expenditure skills.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment and taking a pro-active approach to financial success.
- Experience in staff management and motivating and developing a staff team.
- Business plan and report writing experience.
- Experience of facilities maintenance, Health and Safety and risk management and essential experience of developing RAMS and relationship management at a senior level.
- Excellent customer and client management skills.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to deal with change and support new ways of working.
- Venue experience not essential.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Cultural Services Project Manager – Culture & Community
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.