- Pay Rate:
Up to £475 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Procurement Advisor - Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00063109
Pay Rate: Up to £475 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid working - expectation to attend candidate's nearest team office around once a week
- Public sector procurement experience
- part or fully qualified to MCIPS Level 6 or equivalent.
- can analyse data and present findings to a senior audience.
- has a track record in building relationships and experience in influencing senior staff and stakeholders.
- is happy to support change and help people adapt to it.
- is happy to influence and challenge across a complex range of customers.
- is an expert in the use of Microsoft office software, Word, Excel and Access, preparing reports and analysis to a wide range of audiences.
- familiar with customer mapping and driving improvements in guidance and processes and embedding change.
- has a track record of working within and adhering to standards in Public Procurement Policy
- has experience in the development of Procurement strategies, use of procurement tools to identify business needs, identify commercial risk and set in place support for robust contracts for delivery.
- has knowledge of how to manage poor supplier performance.
- Is confident in identifying efficiency gains.
- has experience in providing clear communications to non-procurement and procurement audience.
- is experienced in supporting others in self-service procurement.
- can show organisation skills and logical approach to problem solving.
- is confident chairing meeting, capturing notes, assigning clear actions roles and responsibilities.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement Advisor - Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.