- Pay Rate:
£29.56 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Interim Senior Project Manager - Social Investment & Property
Reference no: K&C 5243953
Pay rate: £29.56 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: KENSINGTON, London
Standard DBS required for this role
An experienced Senior Project Manager is required to take lead responsibility for the successful project management and delivery of a high priority retrofit planned works programme. This will be focused on the Council’s operational estate, schools and commercial portfolio. This role will sit within the Council’s Capital Delivery department and will be expected to work closely with other internal positions and additional M&E engineering support as part of a dedicated retrofit accelerator project team. The successful candidate will need to be available in the borough for meetings and site inspections. Experience delivering retrofits for Public Sector Operational and School portfolios is required for this role.
- Take lead responsibility for the successful project management and end-to end initiation, delivery and closure of a number of high value, complex non-housing retrofit projects within the Council’s Capital Programme, delivering on time and within budget, and representing value for money; ensuring effective outcomes, delivery on time, within budget, representing value for money.
- Actively manage allocated budgets ensuring probity adherence and that the council is not put at any financial risk.
- Ensure regular health checks and benchmarking exercises are undertaken.
- Support and assist the development of effective SLA and KPIs to ensure effective performance and efficient service delivery.
- Support and assist the development and implementation of strategies that safeguards the Council against contractual and commercial risk.
- Support and assist with the identification, development and implementation of new policies, processes and procedures, including rationalisation of legacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure each project is financially resourced and has clearly defined objectives, aims and outcomes, ensuring project milestones are carefully planned to reduce clashes /conflict.
- Lead the development of the Council’s Retrofit Planned Maintenance Programme and prepare supporting business cases.
- Employ excellent project and programme methodology, using project management techniques and processes as required ensuring that a consistent approach is adopted by the department’s Capital Project team.
- Monitor contract variation orders from a cost perspective and participate in value engineering meetings when appropriate.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Property related degree.
- Qualifications related to the role property related e.g., Qualified Chartered Surveyor or Engineering.
- Member of a related Property based Professional Body Membership such as Chartered Building Surveyor or Chartered Architect or Chartered Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineer, CIPFA, BIFM etc.
- Recognised project management and/or programme management qualification experience in either APM, MSP, PRINCE2 or at least significant experience in this area.
- Specific experience delivering retrofits for Public Sector Operational and School portfolios is required for this role.
- Experience applying for grants.
- Experience communicating at any level across an organisation including but not limited to colleagues, senior management, chief officers, councillors, client representatives, consultants and contractors.
- Able to advise on Energy and Sustainability, design, technical and procurement issues including brief and design development, options appraisals, feasibility studies, procurement options and quality control.
- Proven track record in dealing effectively with property solutions.
- Advanced level and demonstrable knowledge of project methodology and programme management and risk management, quality assurance and change control skills.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced level of communication skills - verbal, written and listening skills and numeracy skills.
- A problem solver, able to identify and resolve issues with speed.
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to proficient use of databases (including asset management, finance and procurement), MS office (Outlook, word, excel, powerpoint, access, MS project etc).
- Ability to work effectively within multi-Disciplinary teams.
- Results focused - focused on proactively delivering value that will directly lead to achievement of business results.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Project Manager - Social Investment & Property
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.