- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Senior Systems Administrator
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months
Location: Reading – onsite initially but potential hybrid occasional working to be discussed
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
A Senior Systems Administrator is required for approximately 12 months, to support the Technical Service Managers and Team Leader in maintaining the operational status, and maximising availability of assets to programme demanders.
- Help configure and develop the applications
- Problem solving – 3rd line support
- API understanding
- C or C++
- Team Centre ITK – Open Knowledge
- Microsoft Azure knowledge
- DevOps Knowledge
- Product Lifecycle management
- Significant experience of call and change management systems, troubleshooting tools and root cause analysis.
- Great communication skills – translate technical to non-technical and vice-versa
- Significant experience in a proactive IT environment with a strong understanding of; Virtualisation, Application Servers, Cloud Technologies, Network Principles, and monitoring tools
- Ability to operate under pressure and influence decisions
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: DV highly desirable; candidates with active DV clearance will be fast-tracked.
Please send your CV directly to [email protected]
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will be put forward for the ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Systems Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.