- Pay Rate:
£10.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- GLOUCESTER, Gloucestershire,
Temporary Clerical Officer / Admin - Children’s Legal Services
Reference no: Gloucestershire 7740413962528
Pay rate: £10.98 per hour PAYE
The Team requires an experienced administrator to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Legal Services’ Corporate Team, undertaking a range of duties which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
- Input data as required entering and maintaining timely data in a computerised and manual format.
- Provide general and complete administrative support including dealing with telephone enquiries, diary management, filing, scanning, copying, sorting and distributing post and other such duties as required.
- Ensure that any necessary administrative processes that support the Corporate Team’s activities are carried out effectively in order to help meet objectives.
- Provide support for IT systems within the Corporate Team in particular but within the service in general and support any system changes (both electronic and paper based) within the service overall.
- Assist in reviewing workflow and processes in order to simplify tasks and seek improvements.
- Produce a range of documents including letters, reports and other documents as requested using a range of IT and Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel etc.
- Assist with stock ordering, management and despatch to relevant service area as required.
- Answer routine enquiries from service users, and internal and external customers, and ensure that enquiries are responded to professionally and relayed accurately and timely manner to relevant persons.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE level in Mathematics and English to Grade C and above.
- NVQ 2 in Administration or relevant equivalent.
Skills & Experience:
- General administrative experience.
- A proven record of having demonstrated an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of effectively working in a team.
- Experience of working in a high pressured environment.
- Previous experience of working within a legal environment desirable.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal and good telephone skills.
- Familiarity with case management systems or the ability to be able to use them proficiently.
- Flexible approach to working and providing administrative support as required.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Clerical Officer / Admin – Children’s Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.