- Pay Rate:
£20.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset,
Interim Care Manager – Community Care
Reference no: Bournemouth 5244685
Pay rate: £20.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Care Manager is required to undertake Care Act and Carer Assessments for residents who are currently waiting for their assessment to be completed. Initially contact will be by telephone to ascertain whether initial presenting need(s) remain and to determine whether need could be met by alternative provision. For example, current circle of support; community provision. If initial contact determines that assessment is required, to agree with individual process to complete this.
It is anticipated that for Care Act Assessments, this will require a visit to the individual’s home. For carers, the assessment could be by telephone or home/community visit. Applicants are required to specify how many days each week (Monday – Friday) they would be able to work “on the ground” in the conurbation and therefore need to be available in person Monday-Friday. This role may also suit an unqualified Social Worker who is able to undertake Care Assessments.
- Carry out needs led assessments, which will entail visiting clients within a hospital and the community setting, liaising with other staff in Acute and Primary Health Care, Social Services and Provider Organisations to ensure that identified needs are being met in the most effective way possible.
- Provide advice, support and information to clients, their families and carers, members of the public, and other professionals, about all aspects of care provision for adults, including information about and assistance with claiming any relevant benefits.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality, cost-effective services to vulnerable adults.
- Maintain essential records of work done, and to provide information for statistical, financial, and planning purposes.
- Input and access information onto computer databases.
- Report and refer any concerns regarding vulnerability within the Councils Safeguarding procedures.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Advanced professional social work qualification (or equivalent experience) with clearly evidenced CPD.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English and Maths.
- UK driving licence and ability to travel.
- Must be able to undertake Care Assessments.
- Experience of working in a care management framework.
- Appreciate diversity in both customers and colleagues and consider their specific needs.
- Knowledge of service users’ needs in terms of culture, choice, dignity and respect.
- An understanding of issues that affect people and their carers.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to undertake visits to people in their own homes and elsewhere.
- Able to communicate clearly with service users and others, in order to make comprehensive assessment of need.
- Able to prioritise risks and needs against Fair Access to Care Services criteria and implement a plan for provision of service.
- Able to organise own work and records in a context of varying demands.
- Able to evaluate and review services, then implement any necessary changes to service provision.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Care Manager - Community Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.