- Pay Rate:
£441.77 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset,
Interim Education Psychologist x2 - Children & Young People's Services
Reference no: Bournemouth 5243845
Pay rate: £441.77 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset
100% remoting working
Enhanced DBS required for this role
An Education Psychologist is required to ensure the provision of a high quality Educational Psychology Service for children and young people, families, schools and other service providers as required by the Local Authority. To work collaboratively as a member of the Educational Psychology Service and with other colleagues in the Vulnerable Groups Teams and other professional groups to ensure the co-ordinated delivery of a comprehensive support service. To work collaboratively with partner agencies, including voluntary agencies, in order to provide coherent support for children, young people and their families
- Provide a psychological advisory/consultative service, in liaison with other colleagues in Children & Young People’s Services, the wider Local Authority and other agencies, to help schools and others organise and plan in order to promote the progress and social inclusion of all children and young people.
- Using psychological knowledge, techniques and procedures, to provide a range of casework activities including consultation, problem identification and assessment, the provision of advice and a variety of intervention strategies. To link with, inform and advise Children & Young People's Services officers and other relevant agencies regarding the needs of individuals and groups of children.
- Provide psychological assessments and advice as a contributor to the statutory assessment process required by the 1996 Education Act and Children & Families Act 2014 to work within the SEN and Disability Codes of Practice. To undertake ongoing monitoring and review of the progress of individual children with special educational needs.
- Work with schools and other providers to develop their capacity to educate the full range of learners and to promote the emotional health of all children and young people.
- Should the opportunity arise, in consultation with the Principal Educational Psychologist and in the context of Local Authority or Service priorities, to develop an area of special interest or expertise within the field of educational psychology in order to contribute to effective service delivery.
- If required, to provide a variety of training activities for teachers, other professionals, parents and carers in order to promote personal/professional development and a wider understanding of children’s needs.
- Assist the Local Authority in its development, co-ordination and assessment functions in relation to the National Curriculum, and other national initiatives with particular regard to children with disabilities and special educational needs.
- Participate in and be aware of psychological and educational research and development in order to assist innovation and evaluation in Local Authority activities.
- Cooperate with the Service’s performance management and development review scheme and to participate in a range of supervisory and continuing professional development activities, to ensure regular up-dating and development of knowledge and skills.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date casework records in relation to referred cases and to participate in service evaluation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Qualifications & Experience:
- A postgraduate qualification at Masters or Doctorate level which is acceptable to the Association of Educational Psychologists and the British Psychological Society as constituting clinical training as an Educational Psychologist required.
- Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council required.
- Clearly evidenced CPD.
Skills & Abilities:
- Appreciate diversity in both customers and colleagues and able to consider their specific needs.
- Flexible approach to a complex and high risk case load, considering different customer needs.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Education Psychologist x2 - Children & Young Peoples Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.