- Pay Rate:
Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 3 months
- Leamington Spa
Interim Lab IT Project Manager -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00058815
Pay Rate: Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: 20% in Laboratory in Leamington Spa. 100 Mile radius
The core laboratory IT team is responsible for the delivery of core laboratory IT systems to the laboratory, including LIMS, results analysis software, integration components and quality systems. This team must ensure a robust and quality-driven approach to the capture of requirements, creation of design artefacts, validation of delivery of software and management of change. Areas of delivery may include integration changes involving wider project upstream and downstream systems, workflow changes to the existing COVID ePCR testing lines, integration to new instrumentation, and may also include introduction of new testing capabilities, including genome sequencing.
- Own the delivery of laboratory IT systems, including LIMS, results analysis software, integration components and any supporting componentry.
- Work closely with and direct the LIMS delivery team, including systems analyst, data architect and functional tester.
- Build relationships and work closely with instrument and software vendors, laboratory process design team, data science team, laboratory quality and compliance team, and wider testing systems owners to ensure dependencies are proactively managed with these workstreams and a broad range of requirements are met for these stakeholders.
- Lead on the relationship with software vendors, ensuring a robust approach to the capture and prioritisation of requirements, and planning of software release in an integrated environment.
- Ensure the project delivers high quality outputs, both in terms of solutions which meet functional and non-functional requirements and high-quality project artefacts which align to the project life cycle.
- Follow best practices in project management, including the creation and maintenance of detailed plans, controlled management of change, updated RAID logs and budget tracking.
- Full lifecycle project management in an integrated healthcare environment, including establishing effective project governance in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Experience of delivering software in clinical diagnostics, where software is validated to GxP / ISO13485 standards with robust approach to clinical risk management and requirement traceability.
- Experience of managing multiple software vendors, ensuring alignment and collaboration in a single project.
- Experience and knowledge of Agile software development and application lifecycle management.
- Experience of delivering software in a genomics environment desirable.
- PRINCE2 qualified essential, MSP qualification desirable.
- Strong relationship management: excellent communication and influencing skills – verbal and written – with the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Balance of both technical awareness and business acumen.
- Ability to manage in an ambiguous environment, clarifying strategies and plans, giving a sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
- A self-starter with the ability to drive change and overcome obstacles and resistance.
- Constructive and collaborative but with the ability to step in and take decisions in a timely manner to move the team forward.
- Excellent people management skills, able to engage and lead, with a passion for stretching and improving both teams and processes.
- Confident and convincing presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely within a team.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Lab IT Project Manager - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.