- Pay Rate:
£13.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37-40 Monday to Sunday, working pattern to be agreed across 7 days.
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Leicestershire - any Recycling and Household Waste Sites
Temporary Area Supervisor x3 - Environment & Waste Management
Reference no: Leicestershire TCL 0008 5344 / 1
Pay rate: £13.70 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37-40 Monday to Sunday, working pattern to be agreed across 7 days
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Leicestershire - any Recycling and Household Waste Sites
Mainly field based role, some ability to work from home or office, but this is expected to be minimal
Valid UK drivers licence for driving up to a 3.5 tonne vehicle, access to own vehicle and insurance to cover business use
The purpose of this role is to supervise site staff across all the Council’s waste sites. The role is very much a hands on supervisory role. It will require travelling to the Council’s RHWSs and WTSs daily to undertake HR related tasks. The post will support on the contract in place liaising with the contractor to increase communication between the parties and assist in educating and training site staff to identify suitable materials to segregate and reuse. PPE and maybe some uniform requirements, particularly the potential of wearing of a Body Worn Camera (BWC). The BWC will only record and make footage available for download, if activated by the holder. These are part of uniform for all field based staff, unless reasonable adjustments should be considered.
Working pattern to be agreed across 7 days. Weekend work is mandatory, preferably 1 in 2, but a minimum of 1 in 3. Overtime is likely to be available.
- Supervise site staff across all the Council’s waste sites (supporting the onboarding process for new starters, undertaking one to ones, return to works, low level policy discussions).
- Lead and direct a team of designated operatives in accordance with agreed performance standards and procedures.
- Deliver training through work books and/or supporting those completing through e-learning, developing and delivering toolbox talks and other training packages/safety briefings.
- Monitoring and enforcing the Council’s safe systems of work and risk assessments for all site operations.
- Ensuring records for waste movements are accurate and appropriately filed, monitoring and enforcing the Council’s Quality Management System for processes at the RHWSs.
- Issuing and monitoring/recording PPE and unfirms to staff.
- The role many require driving, from time to time, a Council 3.5 tonne box van.
- Handling of low level complaints from customers face to face, by telephone and by email.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management systems, permits or licences at designated RHWS.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Valid and relevant Certificate of Technical Competence with the appropriate evidence of continued competence desirable.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- WAMITAB CoTC Level 3 (or working towards) desirable.
- Experience of dealing with customers.
- Experience of line managing multiple staff. Supervision of employees in the waste management industry or similar workplace.
- Experience of delivering training packages and staff development.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in accordance with Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management systems in the waste management industry.
- Management of waste operations on-site desirable.
- Experience of driving a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes desirable.
- Knowledge of waste management (prevention, reuse, recycling, composting, disposal).
- Site operations and environmental maintenance / compliance.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety on site.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Passionate about recycling reuse and diverting waste from landfill and disposal routes into reuse.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritise effectively, keeping ordered and accurate records.
- Valid UK drivers’ licence for driving up to a 3.5 tonne vehicle, access to own vehicle and insurance to cover business use.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Area Supervisor x3 - Environment & Waste Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.