- Pay Rate:
Up to £28.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Islington, London,
Interim Building Surveyor x2
Reference no: PHA TCL 0008 4FE6 / 1
Pay rate: Up to £28.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 35 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Islington, London
Basic DBS required for this role
A qualified Building Surveyor is required to be based in North East London - Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge and Enfield. Experience in disrepair, voids and major works and Social Housing is required for this role.
To provide excellent front line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental/team objectives are achieved. This role will be within the wider Surveying Team and will ensure the operational delivery of the service including Specialist Works, Professional Services and other programmes / projects
- Work closely and flexibly with other staff in delivering high quality maintenance service to our external and internal customers through the provision of professional technical advice, project and contractor management.
- Provide regular and professional communication and liaison with customers and key stakeholders in relation to works instructed and managed by the service.
- To take full responsibility and manage all assigned cases from start-to-finish in a professional and efficient manner whilst ensuring that appropriate stakeholders and appropriate databases are updated regularly.
- Ensure budget responsibilities are met, feeding into forecasting and efficiency plans as required.
- Manage a range of contractors, ensuring they deliver in accordance with their contract and KPI’s.
- Manage external relationships with key stakeholders, such as Local Authorities and suppliers, that builds trust and confidence in Peabody's Service Delivery Team.
- To carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solution ensuring all current and applicable regulations are complied with.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation, including the day-to-day responsive repair service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage our contractors.
- To assist in the delivery of specialist work programmes, ensuring works are to standard, contractor performance is in line with KPI’s and value for money is achieved.
- To work in collaboration with other departments to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to customers and that key performance indicators are met.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified Building Surveyor.
- Degree in Building Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND HNC)
- Professional Membership.
- Experience in disrepair, voids and major works.
- Experience in Social Housing.
- Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction.
- Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money.
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when to help the organisation achieve its mission.
- Ability to achieve results and deliver challenging objectives.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.